• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

338 Edge TURN KEY PKG. $7,133 Shipped

MAD10

Hi everyone,

Some of the responses to buy this rifle were asking for a reduced price below $7,133 which told me the buyer was not doing their homework. I am simply trying to help a fellow shooter [and maybe someone that is not into LR but wants to be] that does not want to wait 9+ months for a build or even deal with load development and get a pretty decent discount in the process. The actual total cost of this entire set up is $7,988 you save not only money but time and effort.

Also if you are trying to compare it to a production gun you are not comparing apples to apples. In those cases you either get a rifle that shoots or it doesn't AND THAT IS WITHOUT scope, dies, load development, brass, powder, bullets, range finder, Kestrel etc etc.

I can provide an email that will highlight the cost of each item which can easily be verified at many online sources. Having said that if the buyer happens to be an inexperienced shooter talk with me about a reloading session and or LR shooting session - provided you travel to my home to pick up the rifle system.

Thank you,

CUSTOM 338 EDGE

- 700 Remington LA blue printed & bolt fluted

- Jewell HVRTSBR-A – 1 lb. also includes B, C springs

- McMillan Adj. A3 w/Edge technology in GAP CAMO

- Night force 40 MOA PIC RAIL (steel)

(New) Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56 BTR MOA w/ Seekins rings, caps and bubble level

Also included:

Bushnell 1-Mile CONX Range Finder and Kestrel 5700 sportsman (profile uploaded)

Two 8 lb. kegs of H1000 (one opened during load development)

(100) Berger 300 grain Elite Hunters

- Redding Full Length "S" type bushing (two die set) w .365 bushing

- 99 pieces ADG 338 Edge head stamped brass

(48 pieces 2x fired -prepped, resized & 50 pieces of virgin brass)

- 1 modified case (sized, bumped 2 thou and threaded for an OAL gauge)

Load Data: 90.5 grains H1000, Ave. 2854 fps /ES single digit/low teens .3 group

trajectory validated out to 1,760 yards

Round count is 96 (virtually a new rifle)

Attachments

• 338 EDGE PIC .jpg
    338 EDGE PIC .jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
im sorry man , from what ive seen on other classifieds, you will never get , even close, to what you have put into a rifle like this one, unless its a gunwerks. the amount of money you are asking doesnt make this an easy buy. when you are in the $7000 + range, people are willing to wait months for a build. Especially not having high end actions , barrels and scopes along with it.

im sorry man , from what ive seen on other classifieds, you will never get , even close, to what you have put into a rifle like this one, unless its a gunwerks. the amount of money you are asking doesnt make this an easy buy. when you are in the $7000 + range, people are willing to wait months for a build. Especially not having high end actions , barrels and scopes along with it.

I appreciate your opinion Powerman83...but my gunwerks rig cost me over $7K for just the rig alone lol. This rig was built by Shawn Carlock at Defensive Edge and comes with his build sheet. All parts are A+ Did you over look it comes with dies, brass, reloading equipment and load development? Say nothing of an LRF and 5700 Kestrel? ...total cost is over $7900? Price breakdown is listed here just to clear things up. When you get a chance try out a $1,899 Cronus BTR against your current scope you might be surprised why you don't sell your $3K scope.

$2,170 Defensive Edge Invoice ( dies, brass, 30" hart barrel 1:9 twist, extended mag box, bolt face work)

$1,050 Donor Remington 700 action + blue printed / bolt fluted

$250 Jewell HVRTSBR-A – 1 lbs. also includes B, C springs

$960 McMillan Adj. A3 w/Edge technology in GAP CAMO

$116 Night force 40 MOA PIC RAIL (steel)

$434 (2) 8 lb. kegs of H-1000 matching lot #'s (1 opened for load work)
$88 100 ct. Berger 300 grain Elite Hunters
$2020 Athlon Cronus 4.5x29x56mm BTR MOA (w/ Seekins rings, scope caps and bubble level)
$900 Bushnell 1-mile CONX and Kestrel 5700 Sportsman

TOTAL $ 7,988

INCLUDED…

- Redding Full Length "S" type bushing (two die set) ($265 value)

- .365 bushing for ADG brass (1 thou neck tension)

- 99 pieces ADG 338 Edge head stamped brass ( $300 value)

(47 pieces- prepped, cleaned, and resized + 50 pieces of virgin brass)

- 1 fired modified case (FL sized bumped 2 thou and threaded for an OAL gauge)

Load Data: @ 7,700 ft., temp 32-60 degrees

CBTO 3.020 / COAL 3.927

BRASS: ADG

BULLET: Berger 300 gr. Elite Hunter (virtually the OTM)

POWDER: H 1000 (90.5 grains)

PRIMER: CCI 250

Ave Velocity: 2854 fps

SD 4 / ES 9

Group size: .3 or < (3 shots) @ 100 yards

Trajectory validated out to 1,760 yards (1 mile)

Attachments

• build Invoice.png
    build Invoice.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 663
Last edited:
Not sure what the rules are on this, but I agree. Not even a custom action. Take a look for a while on the classifieds and see what people are selling full custom rifles for. You won't ever get the money your into brass, bullets, dies etc. better off selling them separate.

Not sure what the rules are on this, but I agree. Not even a custom action. Take a look for a while on the classifieds and see what people are selling full custom rifles for. You won't ever get the money your into brass, bullets, dies etc. better off selling them separate.
thanks appreciate that but I am giving an $800 discount price list is included in response to powerman83 in same thread take a look.

thanks .... just thought of that myself it is included in this response

Attachments

• build Invoice.png
    build Invoice.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 54
Don't crap on the mans post. That's against classified rules. If he wants to sell it for a million dollars then so be it. It's no ones business beside him and a possible buyer. If you want to provide constructive advice, PM him.

Don't crap on the mans post. That's against classified rules. If he wants to sell it for a million dollars then so be it. It's no ones business beside him a possible buyer. If you want to provide constructive advice, PM him.

thanks 300 Whisper...I'm a retired SOCOM CW3 I can take it... lol

but in all fairness if a buyer runs the numbers it's a smoking deal with an $800 discount for a Defensive Edge rig and no waiting or load development not to mention all the toys with it

Thanks Rhovee I did that of course - but what people are not considering is some of those rigs for sale have a lot of rounds through them and do not have all the extras I have included....

if a guy does not have a 338 Edge he is going too need all I have included plus he scores an LRF, a 5700 Kestrel and load work and no wait!

not offended by the comments - people are just not doing the proper math - see my price break down in the thread - pretty straight forward and legit

lucky for me I do not need to sell this rig - I am simply trying to put together a $creaming deal for someone who does not have a 338 Edge

Hi Everyone,

I got to thinking about the previous posts made to my listing and in an effort to appease my fellow members...

The rifle w/dies and brass is $4,646 S/H included

I certainly do not mind keeping all the other items....It was listed as a turn key system because some shooters only focus on the rifle and do not consider what is needed to run a wild cat cartridge --- meaning - components, reloading items, the time and effort for load development, a LRF / Kestrel and scope to get out to a mile.

With that said if a buyer needs the other listed components they are available at an additional $2,487
(original price is $3,442 I'm offering a $955 savings)

have a great New Year everyone

Recent Posts