• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

338 EDGE FS by Benchmark Barrels - turnkey operation with everything needed - $4100

jmden

338 EDGE For Sale built by Benchmark Barrels - turnkey operation with everything needed - $4100 including shipping to your FFL in CONUS only. Shipping method/case to be discussed with potential buyer. US Postal money orders or Friends/Family PayPal only please.

Do not plan on seperating scope/rifle/Atlas bipod. Package is shooting very well and hate to seperate it. Turnkey operation for someone looking for a ready to go long range hammer.

Atlas bipod, NXS scope, Whidden dies and 37 pieces of ADG 338 EDGE brass (17 awaiting fireforming. 20 have been fired with 9 of those fired one time and 11 fired twice.) all comes with it.

*92g N570 at -.020 with Berger 300 EHs is doing 2802 fps using Magnetospeed V2 and shooting very well, even though I haven't shot precision rifle for nearly 5 months...

bolt.JPG

IMG_4662.JPG

Pix of rifle with 205 rounds down the tube. Mostly used Retumbo but latest load is 92g N570 -.020 with 300g Berger EH and Fed 215M primer using ADG 338 EDGE brass. *Atlas bipod with modified Atlas spike feet (rubber feet included also) attached to Atlas Picatinny rail on stock

-Rem 700 SS LA
-PTG one piece bolt
-Trued and built by Benchmark Barrels
-1:9.3 twist 28" Benchmark barrel
-Benchmark side/top discharge brake installed.
-Pacific Tool and Guage (PTG) bolt is custom with .062 dia. (fluted firing pin for lighter weight and quicker locktime) benchrest firing pin, M-16 extractor, milled sprial bolt fluting, PTG spring, milled custom bolt knob on one piece bolt with SS shroud.
-PTG bottom metal
-Wyatt's 4" mag box
-Jewell trigger set to about 1 lb.
-Adj. cheekrest
-GreyBull prone stock with integral aluminum bedding block
-PTG 1/4" recoil lug
-Seekins 20 MOA extended Picatinny rail
-Pachmayr recoil pad

Nightforce NSX 5.5-22 x 50mm with NPR1 reticle.jpg

*Scope:
-Nightforce NSX 5.5-22 x 50mm with NPR1 reticle, HighSpeed/Zerostop
-scope level
-Seekins rings - front ring is 6 screw ring
-glass is in great shape. No scratches/marks that I'm aware of. Make an effort to not touch the glass unless gets dirty and a careful cleaning regimen is followed then. Prob been 2-3 years since that was needed with keeping covers on carefully.

More pix:
Jewell trigger.jpg

Jewell trigger set to about 1 lb. pull weight.

Continued below...

Last edited:
Whidden bushing die set (.363 bushing included) for 338 EDGE with included shoulder bump guage and case.

Whidden dies 1.jpg

Whidden dies.jpg

338EDGE.jpg

338 EDGE built by Benchmark Barrels

Adj. cheekrest.jpg

Adjustable cheekpiece

Aluminum bedding block.jpg

Aluminum bedding block and bedding. Bedding done by Ron Sinnema himself at Benchmark Barrels.

bedding.jpg

More bedding pics

Hadn't shot precision rifle in 5 months or so, so keep that in mind.

Zeroing targets are 3-shot groups shot same day at different times (only groups fired that day) from .25-.36 MOA. Next day after felt confident in zero (first time working with this load at distance, so validationm, etc. needed) so went up for longer range shots on targets at 450 yd and 901 yd gongs in shifting canyon winds. 450 yd shots (just took two shots at 450 'cause target is so close) were about 2 1/4" group, and 901 yd 3 shot group was right under 5" and I was shooting those 3 especially fast (Something I never otherwise and don't recall ever doing before on this rifle as I to try to keep the throat in good shape, but I was trying to put some long range groups on target for pix to put on here and wanted them all in the same wind condition. Otherwise always wait for barrel to cool to ambient before next shot taken.). The last shot of the 3 was taken when gong was still swinging and probably enlarged the group because of that.

This is first load I've tried with the new bolt (original Rem bolt extractor went bad so had to order a new custom bolt from PTG). I just tried 92g N570 at -.020 and it shot well. Pretty easy. I think this may be a little hot in the ADG brass as there's the faintest ejector pin marks, but it shoots well.

Group 2.JPG

.25 MOA group of 3. First shot to left of pic was I think the second precision rifle shot I'd take in 5 months. First was over V2 which always changes POI.

Group 1.JPG

Next and only other group shot later on that day was .36 MOA.

450 yds.JPG

Winds and just starting to work with new load at long range.

901 yds rotated.JPG

Cannot get this pic to load right side up...

--49 3/4" long

--13 1/2" from recoil pad to trigger

--12 lbs. 11 oz. with Atlas bipod

Also posting on rokslide.com and longrangeonly.com...

Recent Posts