338 EDGE DIES

338 EDGE DIES....... When did this happen?
jumping.gif

Just funing..........

Yes Reloading is the only way as the Edge is not a factory chambering..I believe that you can get dies from RCBS or Redding or maybe both........

I was just trolling to see what type / brand of reloading dies were being used for the 338/300 Ultra Mag (EDGE).
I have been toying with the idea of getting some Wilson type dies so that I could carry a smaller press to the range. Anybody use the in-line type dies?
BTW, how / where did you get the "bouncing smiley's" ?

I'm giving it a go with RCBS .338 RUM full length dies.

So far I've upsized 20 Nosler 300 Ultra brass to 338, and seated one dummy round to setup seating depth for my loads.

I'm going to carefully watch the bottom .1" of the brass when I F/L size them after firing. I'm not expecting there to be any problem though.

I'm sure I read on here of several people using the standard .338 RUM dies, or I wouldn't have thought to try it.

i ordered a FL 300 ultra die,from Forster, with a neck dia of 362. my loaded rounds are 365. i sent a wilson 338 blank seater to Chris Mathews, who did my metal work, and he chambered it with the reamer used for my chamber. i'm getting excellent results with this combo.

I carry and use converted RCBS 2 die sets, I also keep shoulder bump dies, and Redding converted match dies sets ( micrometer seater, fl "s" bushing die and fl expander die form 30 to 338), in stock. I have had good success with all of them. I used 338 RUM dies on the very first one I built but went to the correct dies soon after.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.