338 Edge Dies

First post here :) I also started using the 338rum rcbs dies first with great results , I use remington brass, I did try some nosler 7rum brass but it seemed to doughnut on me, I just recently started to touch up my necks and went to a 300 rum s bushing redding die with a 338 rum seater and a .362 bushing, I use a .364 bushing for the untouched necks , sometimes i wonder why i even try different stuff on this rifle it even shoots new, necked up brass lights out lol and the rcbs dies are real uniform on runout for me gun)

Interesting, I was going to use my Redding 300 RUM bushing die with a larger bushing but Redding said the neck clearance was 0.350" so the .338 brass wouldn't fit. If that was indeed the case. I never tried and just bought the .338-300 die.

I use a set of Lee 338 RUM dies. It has a very gentle expander and does a good job bumping shoulders and seating bullets.

I also use a gutted 375 RUM die for any full length sizing duties.

Works well for me, and is very affordable.

I have read where guys have bought 300 RUM redding sizers and they had to be reamed but mine didnt, I just ordered the bushings for the 338 and it worked out fine, but I used rcbs 338 rum dies for a few years and was happy untill I started to even up my neck thickness and needed to change my finish size.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts