• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 338 Edge custom

pd721el

I am trying to simply my life so I moving a bunch of stuff I don't get to use very often.

Lawton 7000 LA mag well opened for Wyatt box, custom bolt knob.
Lawton 20 MOA rail
30" 9.4 tw fluted 338 Rockcreek barrel throated for mag length ammo. Smithed by K. Christians full time smith/friend
Defensive Edge brake
Heavy recoil lug
Metal coated in coyote Polen T (I got it from Manners to match the stock)
Rifle basics trigger
Custom BDL style bottom metal
Manners MCS-T desert GAP camo adj. lop spacers
Redding std. 338 RUM dies 80874
Redding 338 Rum S-type neck sizer 71874
50 new pieces of Rem brass and 67 experienced pieces.

Full disclosure, I don't have an exact round count but I can tell you it is for sure less then 300(more like 280) because that is all the 338 bullets I have ever bought. It shoots ½ to ¾ with 250 Accubonds and Hornady 285's. It shoots very well with 250 and 300 Scenars. I could never find a load I was happy with for 300 SMK's all were about and 1" at 100. The stock was originally for a 700 Rem so the edge of the tag sits just slightly proud and the bolt handle cut is for a curved bolt not straight. And lastly I mostly shot this as a single shot because I never put the time into getting it to feed perfectly from the box. It cycles fine if you run the bolt slow to moderately, but hiccups if run fast.

I have $3550 in this build and am asking $2400.00, payment my USPS MO. The only partial trade I would be looking for would be a VX3 6.5-20 x50 LR or similar. I have done some dealings here and a bunch on PM or Snipershide, if you need references. PM or email me at [email protected] Scope rings bipod and door not include.
Picture809.jpg

Picture815.jpg

mag box will hold 3.820 max OAL
had it to the smith tonight and the feed issue is completely gone. The ejector was an RCH too long