338 edge cases

pressman

i am new to this site but have read many of the messages. Most of you really seem to know what you are talking about. My question is i am very interested in purchasing a 338 edge, I do all of my own reloading however most of my reloading is with standard calibers. the kind you just by the right brass for that caliber. How do you make the case for the 338 edge and is their a lot of tricks to it?

Welcome to Long Range Hunting pressman.;)

If you're really interested the best thing to do would be to give Shawn Carlock a call but this will get you started.

If you had to standardize the 338 Edge the most common form is to neck the 300 Ultra to .338", load 300 gr SMK's with any number of powders that work, run an OAL of around 3.775"-3.800" in a rifle setup to handle the additional length and you would have it. Expect velocities of 2800-2950 fps from a 30" tube, depending on the load. If you want more info or samples there is a rather lengthy thread in the equipment section on the "338 EDGE".

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.