338 Edge Brass from ADG

curtiscd

Good morning. I have a 338 Edge +P arriving this week from Defensive Edge and 50 pieces of new ADG brass on the shelf. Has anybody reloaded for this combo (standard Edge of +P version) using Berger 300gr Elite Hunters? I don't need max loads. Really only looking for a good starting point. In fact, a comparison between RP or Bertram and ADG brass would do it for me.

I have an Edge not built by Defensive edge. i have used Rem brass and ADG brass. i my opinion the ADG brass is better brass. Do not know what your plan for powder is but do not over look RL26. I have a 30 inch barrel and i have an avg mv of 2845 with 89.5grs of RL26 WLRM primers an ES of 9 pushing 300 bergers

Have you tried any slower powders with your edge? I run the 300 gr Berger at 2830 with 99 gr of rl33 in a 338 rum with a 26 inch barrel, and 285 Hornady eldm at 2990 with 100 gr of rl33, just sayin. These loads are with Bertram brass.

My daughters edge is pushing a 250 berger with 93 grs of RL26 at 2996 out of a 26 inch barrel. And i understand that is 35 grs lighter but i am doing it with 7 grs less powder and i am running 9.5 grs less in mine and getting 15 fps more. just sayin.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.