*****.338 edge accuracy/pics*****

bigbuck

I can't get the .338 Edge out of my head :D . I have read several good posts on this site that prove to me that the Edge is one great shooter but what I haven't seen thus far is some target photos. If it wouldn't be to much to ask I would really appreciate it if you could post your best groups . If you choose to do so don't forget the details like the range and number of shots fired for the group . I want the edge for my long range elk rifle but I thought it would be interesting to see the targets . Thanks in advace

BigBuck

Last edited:
Love my 338Edge.
Guns984.jpg

ScottsPictures1768.jpg

Thanks Guys for taking the time to reply :) Yall have some very nice rifles and it looks like you have some great shooters!

VSSF and TMR What kind of Barrels do you have on your Guns ?

PS the 500 yard target makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside :D

BigBuck

TMR, I have a broughton on my RUM now Tim is a great guy to deal with . Why did you go with the 1 9.3 twist ? When I get my Edge I intend on shooting the berger .338 Would your twist rate be okay for them ?
Thanks
Bigbuck

I have always used the 1-10 twist and my personal rifles all have 1-10 twist. Tim recomended I go to the 1-9.3 twist. He said they were having better luck at long range with them. I never had a problem using the 1-10, nor has anyone else that I know of, but if the barrel manufacturer is saying it increases accuracy slightly with no downside, then I figured I would give it a try. I will note, that 2 barrels I have for customer builds are also in the 27"-28" range, so the extra twist might help them out also if needed. I would say anything in the 9.3-10 twist range will be perfect.

Travis, outstanding groups and great looking rigs. Just curious are they both Edge's and if so, why 2? Also what stocks are those and what's the paint pattern called?

I was going to post that picture today Shawn if you hadn't responded. :D

Chas1, the links that Trebark included give the story...basically, my brother and I compete and hunt together. So all of our rifles are identical, and usually have consequitive serial numbers. The camo pattern on the Edge's is "Extreme Digital". It takes awhile to paint them, but it turns out nice.

TMR, thanks for responding. New there had to be a reason...makes sense. Can't ask for a better shooting partner than a brother.

Eaglet, how long have you had it? I guess before we ask for any pics we better ask you to go shoot it.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.