338 EDGE 2000 yard shot video

That shot was less than One Minute of Wolf....:D

gun)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff

And that's good cuz 2000 yards is about as close as I would want one of those suckers to me :)

My farthest kills were a coyote from 1150 and an elk from 1195.

I like that fact that you guys out west can shoot on public land. In my home state you can only have a gun/ammo matching what game is in season, and most game and fish land is shotgun and rimfire only. With my Edge at my altitude (barely above sea level) I hit transonic well before you, so those ranges would be a crap shoot.
Good shooting!

I like that fact that you guys out west can shoot on public land. In my home state you can only have a gun/ammo matching what game is in season, and most game and fish land is shotgun and rimfire only. With my Edge at my altitude (barely above sea level) I hit transonic well before you, so those ranges would be a crap shoot.
Good shooting!

Sir, You need to move :) That would drive me crazy not being able to shoot. The place in the video is 10 minutes away from my house. Where I am there are tons of places to shoot and hunt long range.

Sir, You need to move :) That would drive me crazy not being able to shoot. The place in the video is 10 minutes away from my house. Where I am there are tons of places to shoot and hunt long range.

Ok, you talked me into it!
Now, can you convince my wife?!:D

I don't know if you want to give it up but what canyon are you up. I usually go out to the north/west side of Promitory. I could easily get 2000 out there. It's just a bit of a drive though.

Getting a hit at 2000 yards with the SMK is a task. The bullet is at or approaching the subsonic transition and they sometimes don't pass through it well. Even in the high altitude and thin air.

Again, Great shot.

Jeff

Getting a hit at 2000 yards with the SMK is a task. The bullet is at or approaching the subsonic transition and they sometimes don't pass through it well. Even in the high altitude and thin air.

Again, Great shot.

Jeff

I actually have it hitting really consistant at that range. I do have the 1 in 9.3 twist so it is stableized a little farther. Velocity was 1160 fps on impact so it's right there at transition. I have made hits at 2200 with it but I don't shoot that far very often due to rangefinder limitations :)

Heck I was proud of my self dropping a whitetail deer at 603 yards hitting her in the neck when she was facing me then I told my son who was with me on that shot,You know when I get to be 75 years old that shot will turn in to a 1000 yard shot .But any way, Man that's one hell of a shot.Good job.And I would of broke my arm on a shot like you did from patting myself on the back after word.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts