.338 Cal. (.339 Dia. Bullets )???

T3-OleMan

Do these "Lapua Lock Base Bullets 338 Caliber (339 Diameter) 250 & 300 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail" work in anything other than the "Lapua Magnum"? My logic says you are going to get a pressure spike out the ***. I would never use them in my standard little Tikka T3 - 338WM but wanted to hear some stories about where else they might be used, like AIs, Edges etc... Also, would this kind of bullet be what the troops use to make those 2 mile - how you see him - now you don't hits. It is the Crusades and we are just in the 3RD QT -4th down and 8 to go. And we are stuck with the 'big zero'.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/468308/lapua-lock-base-bullets-338-caliber-339-diameter-250-grain-full-metal-jacket-boat-tail-box-of-100

And, are there other mfgs. that make over sized pills for this or other Cal.?

Do these "Lapua Lock Base Bullets 338 Caliber (339 Diameter) 250 & 300 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail" work in anything other than the "Lapua Magnum"? My logic says you are going to get a pressure spike out the ***. I would never use them in my standard little Tikka T3 - 338WM but wanted to hear some stories about where else they might be used, like AIs, Edges etc... Also, would this kind of bullet be what the troops use to make those 2 mile - how you see him - now you don't hits. It is the Crusades and we are just in the 3RD QT -4th down and 8 to go. And we are stuck with the 'big zero'.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/468308/lapua-lock-base-bullets-338-caliber-339-diameter-250-grain-full-metal-jacket-boat-tail-box-of-100

And, are there other mfgs. that make over sized pills for this or other Cal.?
We've shot .310's( for the 7.62x39) in a .308 bore and they did rather well, albeit they got to pressure a bit quickly. If you start 10% or more down from normal data and work up you should be fine. .001" isn't really that much unless your bore is already undersize.

That is a typo on Midway's web page.

Lapua shows them on their web page as being 0.338" in diameter - NOT 0.339".

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

Scary ain't it, could be something important. I am sure that I have seen it in some printed adds on and off for last 3 or 4 years but never asked about it till now. Don't remember which supplier. I'll post it up again next time I see it in print just for the hell of it.:)

I ordered some Hornady GMX 225gr bullets (not from midway) and when they came they were the 185 GMX cause I knew they never released any Hornady 225 GMXs -Cabelas dropped my back order for 225 GMXs after a year and a half, must not have shot good with Superformance powder!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.