338 builds (lapua/edge/or the like) lets see them.

Well getting this thread back up !

My parts are together now !
Starting some load work shortly here .
Stainless Remington action
Trigger tech trigger ,
Betton Carbon fiber 24" barrel with a T-3 Termanator. Set in a McMillan Carbon Game Hunter Edge fill stock .
This is another parts build from members here !
338 Rum , I'm going to try the 250 gr and 300 gr bergers . I have a fall hunt planned with my Oldest Daughter in Montana !!
Still deciding on a scope . No weight yet on this one .

Rum Man
I've never heard of Betton Carbon fiber barrels what do you know about them?

They are new to me also . It was for sale on here and as with everything that has the Rum in the Name I had to grab it ! 😂
I will do a write up on this gun and the parts for the guys here !
I'm having trouble already with my Wife ! She really ..really likes it ! She has her own 300 Rum Carbon rifle but seems to have her eyes on this one too !

Rum Man

Sako TRG 42 338 Lapua
30" Benchmark heavy palma 9.3
Chambered by Hells Canyon Armory
MBM Super Beast brake
Bear MFG 45moa base and 1 piece rings
NF NXS 5.5-22x56
Just starting load development on the new barrel. 300gr bergers and A Tip

Built a stainless weight for it to get the pounds up a bit and make it a kitten to shoot. She is up to decent weight now.
B4AA05BB-79BE-435B-A344-B48B56327FA8.jpeg
F25C977B-B9AC-4F79-8952-803EFCD02FC5.jpeg
77B3D930-B23E-4209-AC84-2F4C8EF44CAB.jpeg

They are new to me also . It was for sale on here and as with everything that has the Rum in the Name I had to grab it ! 😂
I will do a write up on this gun and the parts for the guys here !
I'm having trouble already with my Wife ! She really ..really likes it ! She has her own 300 Rum Carbon rifle but seems to have her eyes on this one too !

Rum Man

Just tell her she can have it (YOU WON'T WIN ), but she has to let you build another.

Put a new barrel on my 338 Lapua improved, shoots the same load as the last one. Hands down the easiest tuning "big" round I have ever seen. So easy to get shooting small, unless you build them too light. 100, 100.5, and 101 combined went into 3.6" of vertical at 1000 yards. I'll take that from a bipod gun.
DSC_0264.JPG

Alex, impressive groups! How much does that rifle weigh, and what weight would you consider "too light" for a .338 lap imp?

Its high teen pushing 20 Id bet with the scope. Strapped to my pack I dont notice it. Those groups are not exceptional, when built right these things do that. I wouldnt go under 15 pounds if you want consistency, not just a small group from time to time. I shot at 1000yds again this morning, 2 different neck tensions.
thumbnail.png
thumbnail (2).png

Budget build and my first garage gun. Savage action used to be a 300 rum that now has a 31" 9twist x-caliber barrel, chambered in 338 edge. oryx chassis and timney trigger. Now I'm just waiting for the arken scope until I pay off some hunts then it will get up graded to a Luepold mark 5. The plan is to run 300 grain Berger's for steel and then hunt with the 246 hammer hunters. Stock came in right before I left for work so I threw it on and ran out the door.

Attachments

• AB09C92C-C04C-407F-AC1E-F78CA5947F6C.jpeg
    AB09C92C-C04C-407F-AC1E-F78CA5947F6C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 91
Was able to get out to the farm recently to check my zero of the 338 Norma.
338 Norma
Rem700
Timney Calvin Elite 2stage
24in Stainless barrel 1:10, Remington Magnum profile +60 thou
Terminator T2 muzzle brake all in Cerakote Sniper Grey
Wildcat Composites stock (carbon wrap, full weight) in Magpul Coyote colour to match the MS1 sling
Limbsaver pad
Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44 CDSi
Talley Rings

8lb 5oz with scope ready to load and shoot 300gn Bergers at a comfy 2670fps.

With the new magazine system (HS Precision) the rifle now weighs 8lb 9oz all up.
Scales 2 SM.jpg

I setup my spotting scope and Camera to watch a 12inx15in rock 520m from the muzzle.

Loaded three in the magazine, and one in the chamber. Breeze from right to left, drop chart suggests 8.5MOA adjustment. Rifle on a simple Harris bipod, and a squeeze bag at the rear. Bore was cold, had not been fired in months.

The first three followed each other and would have made a very dead critter.

The fourth went in short. More testing to see if that was me, or the scope moved again.

Latest Build is a 338 Ultra Mag.
Remington action , Trigger tech, 24" Betten Carbon Barrel , I had a T-3 Termanator on it but I'm testing out the this TI- Brake now .
McMillan Game Hunter Edge fill.
I put a Burris Xtr ii 5x 25 on I had ..
It seems to like Re-26 & 250 gr bergers at 3000 ft.per.sec.
This will be the Rifle to hunt with my Kids in Montana here shortly !

Rum Man

Attachments

• 20210907_193012.jpg
    20210907_193012.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86