338 build advice

338's in my stable ...
Razor & Headhunter are in build process atm but I already have factory made brass for them ...

Don't have a 338 Rum or a case for this lineup pic and chopped up all the 338 Lapua cases I had but fyi... my 338 Razor is shorter than both of them and compares closely to 300 Win Mag length but with the capacity of the 338 Edge and same boltface

D8B5CC49-AC03-4CE0-A6A9-9A9E38EAC4E6.jpeg
7010CAF5-1644-4D0B-9A79-859827A7357D.jpeg

338's in my stable ...
Razor & Headhunter are in build process atm but I already have factory made brass for them ...

Don't have a 338 Rum or a case for this lineup pic and chopped up all the 338 Lapua cases I had but fyi... my 338 Razor is shorter than both of them and compares closely to 300 Win Mag length but with the capacity of the 338 Edge and same boltface

View attachment 225661View attachment 225662

Is the 338 PRO finalized and released yet?

The 338 Headhunter looks Interesting!
I have had a great time with the 338 Rum and 338 Edge so far .

Rum Man

Swamplord, would you please give us some more information about the 338 Headhunter? It might be my next build.

Simple version of info is that it's kind of based on the 470 NE case necked down to 338 cal, body taper improved for optimum 100% extraction of fired cases with a slightly rebated rim to fit the 375 H&H family bolt face and 100% safe to chamber in Rem 700 & Win 70 tenon & similar actions

BUT .... you cannot make brass from 470 NE cases as there is enough dimensional differences as to eliminate that possibility, essentially a brand new case web diameter never done before, brass is made from super strong hammer forged brass by RCC and will be available to whoever wants it ... simply by calling RCC .... soon !

the Headhunter is for single shot use and the Razor series were developed for repeaters, also have a series of short action versions I'm doing on the same case diameter

body diameter is less than the 338 Lapua/Norma but more than the 300 RUM/WSM, which allows to have a much shorter case length but slightly more case capacity than the RUMs & WSMs and entirely safe for Rem 700 & similar size bolt actions with no required bolt face alterations

967B80BD-1924-4AEB-B77B-BF72410C7E20.jpeg

I'd be interested in the Razor, but it's easy to just grab some RUM brass off the shelf and load it up.

Love the 300 RUM and will always have a couple in my barn along with the 338 Edge

you too, can call RCC at anytime and get 300 Razor brass, difference is that you don't have to wait for a mfr and their next run of brass, RCC will crank out 50 cases and send directly to you, made from the superior strength c272 hammer forged brass with their proprietary inner case web configuration that boosts velocity without higher pressures and brass lasts 20 firings, zero brass prep needed and each case is identical in dimension, weight, length and h20 capacity...

85782101-D489-4D03-BB60-329934475205.jpeg

Is the 338 PRO finalized and released yet?

the 338 Precision Rifled Ordnance (PRO) reamer is available from PT&G to everyone by calling them direct, it's basically my version of a 338 Norma Improved designed for higher velocity and is extremely accurate, my personal 26" barreled hunting rifle has same velocity as my 30" 338 Edge

have taken large bull moose and black bear from 35 yards to 550 yards with the 338 PRO and am very satisfied with the results, unfortunately I haven't had an opportunity yo hunt long range with it due to my job interfering in such an escapade

EA0040E2-6AC0-4E40-9B82-183C2FDA2426.jpeg

Love the 300 RUM and will always have a couple in my barn along with the 338 Edge

you too, can call RCC at anytime and get 300 Razor brass, difference is that you don't have to wait for a mfr and their next run of brass, RCC will crank out 50 cases and send directly to you, made from the superior strength c272 hammer forged brass with their proprietary inner case web configuration that boosts velocity without higher pressures and brass lasts 20 firings, zero brass prep needed and each case is identical in dimension, weight, length and h20 capacity...

...View attachment 226811
Is the Razor the same parent case as the Headhunter, but shortened? Or is it a completely different design?

the 338 Precision Rifled Ordnance (PRO) reamer is available from PT&G to everyone by calling them direct, it's basically my version of a 338 Norma Improved designed for higher velocity and is extremely accurate, my personal 26" barreled hunting rifle has same velocity as my 30" 338 Edge

have taken large bull moose and black bear from 35 yards to 550 yards with the 338 PRO and am very satisfied with the results, unfortunately I haven't had an opportunity yo hunt long range with it due to my job interfering in such an escapade

View attachment 226817

Oh, cool. I know a year or so ago it maybe wasn't fully released. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.