338 allen mag loads

Anyone have a pet load for the 338 allen mag with the 300gun)SMK. Powder? Amounts? Primers?

I use the load Kirby recommended as a starting load. 143gr H50BMG, 215 primers and the 300SMK. It runs around 3260fps from a 32" barrel in cold hunting weather. This is with the Jamison brass. It's a very gentle load and shoots very well.

AJ

I use the load Kirby recommended as a starting load. 143gr H50BMG, 215 primers and the 300SMK. It runs around 3260fps from a 32" barrel in cold hunting weather. This is with the Jamison brass. It's a very gentle load and shoots very well.

AJ

:confused::confused: 300SMK at 3260......A GENTLE LOAD!!!!!!

WOW!!!!............:D:D

AJ
Are the primers GOLD MATCH?Just trying to stockpile componets before our "leadership" change.I've got powder and bullets .Just verifying primers and brass will be coming from KIRBY.

Last edited:

AJ

Now why did you have to go and post that????

You may wish to remove your stick pin from the find me on the map thing. I just got a new(er) vehicle w/good fuel mileage and speed that will just about hold that rifle if I angle it from right rear to left front.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm hooked on Kirby's craftsmanship and one of them there raffles lak u got is next on the list should I be so lucky. For Idaho I have to keep it under 15# all up which I don't believe is a problem.

Look at Sinclair's latest catalog and look at that Widden pointer for the 300 SMK. It may be one of those must have things?????

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts