338 allem mag w/proof research barrel

Gcan

I am selling a NEW 338 Allen Magnum. Built in January 2017. 32” Proof (one off) Carbon Barrel. 408 Tac action. Jewel Trigger. Mac 5 stock. Dies and 100 brass. Gun is unfired by me. Kirby shot it only.

$8400 with rolling case. Might consider some trades with cash perhaps.

This 338 is a long range hunting rifle. I’m looking for long range target. Plan to have Kirby build me a 375 Ceytac.

Attachments

Gcan

Wow, that is a badass rifle. Glws
Yep it is pretty BA. Anything from Kirby Allen is bad to the bone. He’s going to build my 375. 1-2 year wait probably. Long story how I came to build this 338. Waiting for 2000 yard range to open here. Thought I could use the 338, but this is primarily a hunting set up. The barrel was $1200+ and Proof won’t make another. 300 grain SMKs @ 3200-3400fps. 1/2 moa min accuracy. Be a shame to burn this carbon barrel out shooting at steel when it will last a hunter for himself, his kids and theirs shooting elk.
Want a 375 for steel.
G

Loren Hitchcock

What's the weight as it sits with the carbon barrel? Also, is the barrel finished at 32" then the PK brake?

I have/had several of APS magnums, might add to the collection. What trades are you interested in?

Thanks,

Loren

Gcan

What does it weigh?
Few lbs less than small elephant. I think its just over the 16 lb limit for some states. Probably 20lb-ish with glass.
Not a mountain rifle but a good mountain to mountain rifle.

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce