338-378

btap1991

Anyone shooting this? I know there is other more eco friendly options in 338 but 338-378 is what I'm already setup it being a wby fan. unless I decide to go bigger In future.
Curious is anyone has shot this elr for target or elr hunting and their experience with the round?
Thanks for any input or first hand experience.

Agreed I'm actually good with norma brass quality just not the availability.
Got started a what will be a tacmark elite with carbon fiber barrel.
Scored on brass so I'm gaining as much info as I can from real world shooters.
One guy I have talked to said it outshoots his 338 lapua improved all day but same issue with brass

Not to be a jerk; but if you are good with that soft Norma brass, you probably don't have experience with Lapua or other high quality (tough) brass.

I have run several 300 Wby's, a .340 a .30-378 and a .375. The consistency of Norma brass is good- but it will not survive many loads at high pressure. My 30-378 was a custom long range rifle that was very accurate but like my 300's etc, the primer pockets were dead in 5 or so loads.

If Wby would make some tough 30-378 brass they would sell a lot of it because the case volume fr exceeds a 338 Lapua.

Agreed I'm actually good with norma brass quality just not the availability.
Got started a what will be a tacmark elite with carbon fiber barrel.
Scored on brass so I'm gaining as much info as I can from real world shooters.
One guy I have talked to said it outshoots his 338 lapua improved all day but same issue with brass
Do you already have the Tacmark? They are out of production now. I got mine a couple of years ago. Very very nice gun! Enjoy yours.

Yes
we'll I made it bought a tacmark stock from bell & Carlson and out my accumark 338-378 in with a mag feed bottom metal made for weatherby by lrp
Then a 1-9.4 carbon fiber barrel

Do you already have the Tacmark? They are out of production now. I got mine a couple of years ago. Very very nice gun! Enjoy yours.
All the ones I find are 338 lapua and for the same price I could make one make the elite but with carbon barrel so that's what I did. Minus I went with trigger tech flat trigger

Waiting on some rcc brass to see how if it ha does more pressure. I've good and bad but it can't be bad if theirs elr guys using rcc for their 416 barrett

get yourself some RL33 H50bmg and vvn570 these are extremely good powders in that size case .. also if you shooting lighter bullets retumbo shoots them very well.
Got them minus n570 still trying to find some
Have 250 Berger elite hunters loaded still got badlands 250's 260 hammer hunters to load
Hopefully 265 ablr when I find some

Thanks for the info about the powder I appreciate it!

Got them minus n570 still trying to find some
Have 250 Berger elite hunters loaded still got badlands 250's 260 hammer hunters to load
Hopefully 265 ablr when I find some

Thanks for the info about the powder I appreciate it!
your welcome
on all the 338-378 bee's ive had hands on liked all the slowest powder you could stuff in them ..

dont waste time with fast powders .. you need 95% case fill for that case too shine .. if your 250gr stuff ain't running 3200 switch too a slower powder !!! 225gr stuff will and should run 3400 in a 26" barrel from what I've seen