338-378.

Dave.If you can make it up Sat or sunday just let me know.My oldest daughter's birthday is Friday.My wife SAID I could still go hunting BUT I would'nt have a baby sitter til noon and I would have to be back by six.Saturaday and Sunday are good tho.We'll have 11 8 year old's staying for a sleep over Saturday night.So I know I will have to be OUT OF THE HOUSE.Let me know Dave.Butch how did you make out today?

[ 02-07-2002: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

Butch.I'll try not to forget.Just loaded up 20 round's for the STW.I'll probably need 21.One thing that would really tick me off is I find him at about 1400 yard's and I run out of click's at 1300.If I catch him under 1000 yard's he's toast.Any way have fun at the show.Only a few day's left.And if you see Ric.(Wyo)Ask him what we have to fill out in the book.Hibbler's gun would have been nice to have.Later. Boyd

[ 02-07-2002: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

Boyd

Too much stuff just came up, I can't get a full day off.

I'm going to take a few hours tomorrow (Saturday) for myself and come back in to work.

We'll hook up at some point.

Good Luck... watch out for the one's wearing collars
smile.gif

/r

Dave King

Hello All

Just returned from the Harrisburg area and also the Sportsman Show on Wednesday, in which I had a chance to talk to Ric (Wyo-Whisper) and his wife and they both seem like fine individuals.
We talked with Butch (338/378) and other friends here on the forum such as Dan Conzo, Bobby Hart & Terry Rowles (shooting friends at Williamsport) and several others (Names escape me now) that we ran into.
I also wanted to see Dave and Boyd (Boyd I have met before) but, it never materialized on Wednesday.

My wife and I are glad we were able to attend and see the displays and we certainly enjoyed all the LR converstions by those on this Forum.

I believe Ric told me the show lasted till Sunday so, if there are any of you that live in the area, or want to take a trip to Harrisburg, I highly recommend it.

Darryl Cassel

PS Ric--- I'll bet you will have plenty of conversation "Mileage" on that dummy 338/416 Rigby IMP round.

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Darryl.I ran into babysitter trouble.I would however like to get together with you to kill a few of those rock's you have running around up there.

Hello Boyd

Sorry you had baby sitter problems.

The rocks up here are growing BIG antlers for some reason.
Makes the shooting more realistic & like hunting season when you hit them.

I'll give you a shout when I get caught up on some things. I have 3 new rifle barrels to brake in and get ready for this 1000 yard shooting season, a newsletter for the Williamsport club to write, three sets of bigeyes to put together and collimate and send out, cutting trees and burning brush on our 100 acres and just a bunch to do right now.

I'll be in touch.

Darryl Cassel

DC,

Mileage isn't the word for it .. I was just looking at it this afternoon and one guy saw it... that blossomed into a 45 min. conversation with a group of about 10 guys basically standing in awe of what is possible with some knowledge, practice and skill. They were all impressed with the amount of practice and time involved as well as the analistic ways concerning the importance put on safty and the use of "teams" ( ie: spotters ).

I think the plague may be spreading....

Ric

LR hunting has been spreading for years now but, as of late, it has exploded.

AS long as some of these guys don't start thinking just because they walked out of a gun shop with a new Sendaro and a longrange scope on it that, they are longrange hunters.

As you told them, it takes a lot (years) of practice to KNOW what your rifle is capable of. Most people have NO idea what a bullet is capable of way out there.

Safety is number one in the LR sport and should NEVER be attempted without ALL of the top equipment available.

I try to tell everyone, there are NO ANIMALS in the World worth taking a shot at when you have a hunter within 1000 yards of that animal on the far mountain. That's what the bigeyes are for. Not only to scan the far mountains for game but, also to make sure there are no hunters anywhere near the intended target. The animal walks away free if there is any question to this policy.

It is a TEAM sport to do it correctly and to be able to spot EVERY shot, you need a partner.

Hope you have a great weekend at the show.

Darryl Cassel

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.