338-378 weatherby

dgr416

I have been wondering what dies do yall use for your 338-378 weather by loads .I have rcbs but I want a better set if dies .I need one with a better bullet seater.I have had quite a few loads buckle the shoulder some how while wearing the bullet just enough so it won't chamber .Is there a better seating die for this caliber ?

Sounds Like you need to get a set of bushing dies from Redding and size only enough to get .002 to .003 bullet grip. Also an anneal may be necessary.

The other advantage to the bushing dies is that they don't overwork expensive brass.

J E CUSTOM

I have uses standard Redding dies with a VLD seater, no issues. I use a Redding Carbide expander when resizing. I had minor issues with the RCBS dies prior, had to really clean and lube case mouth. Also clean the RCBS dies very often. You may start with a good cleaning iand new expander or inside case neck turning.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.