338-378 starting loads

G

looking for some pointers from the big boys. this is my first BIG rifle. it's built on a win pre 64 70 action with a 29" stainless fluted barrel any help, recommendations, or pointers appreciated. Steve.

The SMKs are hard to beat for accuracy.
If you seat the 300gr SMK long at 4.100" like my brother does, his throat permits it, his max load is 118gr H870 and groups well. Start low and work up. He's getting 3000 fps out of a 32" tube with the 300.

The X bullet is a good bullet to, some of the flatbases seem to shoot better than the boattails though.

I need data for 300 gr boat tails used out of a Weatherby accumark .I am using reloader 25 powder .I have shot .25 groups with this rifle using Nosler partitions and 110 grs of reloader 25.I also have a large quanity of Norma MPR powder I took out of weatherby 416 Norma loads I need any data for 338-378 with 250 gr and 300 gr.I have two of these rifles just breaking other one in now.How does 300 gr serria bt work on game ?

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.