338-378 Factory Ammo Cheap

Long Time Long Ranger

I ran across a store yesterday that had discounted some 338-378 Weatherby factory loads to around $65 per box. They are regular $130-140 per box. Brass is $65 per box so this is a deal. Four boxes are 225 Barnes TSX and two are 250 nosler partitions. If anybody is interested I can call and he will hold them until you get payment arranged. I can ship them in the $5 box at the PO. I think it will hold four boxes. If anybody is interested let me know and I will try and help. I have 250 plus brass so not interested.

That is a great deal and normally I would be interested, I could shoot the factory loads to fireform........ but like you, I'm kind of flush on brass. I just bought 200 rounds of Norma brass a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for letting us know, someone will probably snap them up.

Hi Long Ranger

I just bought a 338-378 but haven't yet purchased any ammo for it--I would take all 6 boxes if that's possible. Please just let me know how to arrange payment.

-Thanks

Anyone know what the rules/laws are a private party to ship loaded ammo?

I ask because I have a couple boxes of Nosler Custom ammo loaded with 225 Accubonds in 338-378 and a few boxes of new Weatherby unprimed brass that I would make someone a good deal on if they were interested.

Anyone know what the rules/laws are a private party to ship loaded ammo?.

You have to decalre it a Hazmat shipment and do the paperwork and pay something extra but I dont know how much. If you try to ship it improperly youre in for a heap of grief. SO follow the rules, you should ask USPS, UPS, or Fedex and they'll tell you. One of them wont ship Hazmat but I cant recall which one.

shipping live ammo or primed brass etc is pretty much impossible with usps. but not that difficult with ups. You just have to write ORM-D on the side of the box. This just applies to loaded ammo and primed brass, obviously with powder and primes it gets more complex and agan for the common man is pretty much impossible without going through a lot. But UPS will ship ammo.

It cost about 13$ to ship ammo I've bought different types from different online stores always coat about 13$.. I think your talkin about those flat rate boxes ?oh.pm me I know a place that sales custom loads for the 378 family. For about 119$ box of 20

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.