.338 300gr accubonds

mcharger440

So I've officialy dropped berger bullets after finally canceling my march order on December 2nd they shoot great...but not 9 months worth of great... that being said anybody used the 300gr accubonds in a lapua or equivalent looking for good or bad

I've got a buddy that shoot the 300g Accubonds out of his .338 Lapua and they've performed well for him. I helped him with the load development and it was very easy and they've performed well on one bear and one deer, both over 700 yards. He happens to live in Bend and has connections at Nosler so getting the bullets he needs hasn't been any problem.

Regarding the Bergers though, have you tried looking around at any of their retailers? I've bought 300g Bergers twice now since this spring and haven't had too much trouble finding what I wanted each time in stock at various retailers.

I have given up on the Bergers in my 338 Edge, for some reason they will not shoot in the 9.5 twist Obermeyer barrel, must be because of the tight bore dimensions, only thing I could think of !

the 300 gr Accubond on the other hand is the most accurate bullet out of that barrel,

It is my go to bullet in my 338 Edge hunting rifle, I have taken 2 large bull moose and 2 black bears with it these past two seasons.....

here is a write up I did in June 2013 0n the Nosler forum,........
Accubond vs. black bear at 440 yards.....

Nosler Reloading Forum • View topic - 338 Edge 300 gr Accubond and black bear test

I have given up on the Bergers in my 338 Edge, for some reason they will not shoot in the 9.5 twist Obermeyer barrel, must be because of the tight bore dimensions, only thing I could think of !

the 300 gr Accubond on the other hand is the most accurate bullet out of that barrel,

It is my go to bullet in my 338 Edge hunting rifle, I have taken 2 large bull moose and 2 black bears with it these past two seasons.....

here is a write up I did in June 2013 0n the Nosler forum,........
Accubond vs. black bear at 440 yards.....

Nosler Reloading Forum • View topic - 338 Edge 300 gr Accubond and black bear test

That's what I hoped to hear

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.