• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 338-300 WSM Long Range Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

longarm338

Hello folks. I'm selling a custom built long range rifle. It is built on a Stiller Precision Predator long action. The barrel is a 27 inch Shilen Select Match with 1-9 twist ratchet rifling. It is fitted with an American Precision Little Bastard muzzle break. It is fitted with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 first focal plane MILRAD scope sitting in vortex precision matched rings with bubble level sitting on a 20 moa base. Trigger is a Timney flat blade adjustable. The whole thing sits in a Bell and Carlson M40 Varmint Tactical stock with full length aluminium bedding block and is fitted with Wyatt's bottom metal and detachable magazine. The entire package weighs in at 12 lbs

Now for the performance. This is a very effecient performer. The long action allows for bullets to be seated out to the lands and maximizes case capacity. Case capacity is about 2 gr less than the 338 win mag. The stronger case and not being restricted to mag length maximizes its potential. Cutting Edge 250 gr LAZERS run around 2800 fps. Ditto for the 252 gr MTH. Cutting Edge 225 gr MTH run about 2900, and the 176 gr ER Raptor runs a hair under 3300 fps.

Accuracy wise it will keep most everything well under 1/2 moa and select loads will group under 1/4 moa.

As you can see nothing but the best went into this rifle. Over $3500 invested in this rig. Less than 150 rounds fired. Cab ship to any FFL or available for local sale in the Nashville TN area. Asking $3k OBO

225 gr MTH @200 yards

250 gr LAZER @ 200 YARDS

If that includes the scope I'll take it. PM'd you

Thats an awsome looking caliber im wanting to build a 338 this may be what i do.

BEWARE I'M PRETTY SURE THIS WAS A SCAM !!!!

After committing to buy and communicating I got this;

"If you text that would probably be easier. I live way out in the country and have very marginal phone service. I gotta walk to the end of my road to make a call but I can usually get a text out from the front porch. I do not have a PayPal account so probably the most secure meathod of payment for private sale would be a usps money order. If anything happens to it, it can be replaced or refunded. They have a $1000 limit so you would have to do 2. I can have it shipped to your prefered local FFL "

I requested phone #, email, ID, address, shipment from an FFL(to whom I would send payment after verifying he existed) and that was pretty much the end of it although he gave me an address to send to but no name, phone, etc.

NOT a scam. Longarm 338 is good to go. I bought the set-up from him, and everything was just as described. Can't wait to get it to the range. Thanks Longarm.
bb204

Well then he's not a stand up guy as we had a deal per messages and he quit replying and never returned any additional responses. Not even a "sorry I sold it"

Status
Not open for further replies.