338-300 Win Mag

What bullet?

I don't have a 300 Win Mag die but I can short stroke it in a 338 Win Mag. I have to check some dimensions to make sure I don't alter the shoulder angles or diameters.

You have already ordered a reamer so I have no worries there, just a 'model'.

300Gr Berger if you don't mind.
I have the reamer dimensions if that'll help? Just PM me your email address and I'll send it your way.

With a 3.8" oal you should be able to, providing a long enough barrel. That will make for an awesome rifle. . Getting the most from the least powder burned. !! gun):)
I have settled on 338 for my elr rifle and I don't want a Lapua so I'm very interested in your project.

I should be able too, yes. I am definitely doing a write up about this cartridge when I get the rifle back.

On top of its long range ability it will also be a very powerful rifle. I know you have an Edge which has more snoose but still it will make a great large game all around rifle.
What is your target all up weight? What scope?

On top of its long range ability it will also be a very powerful rifle. I know you have an Edge which has more snoose but still it will make a great large game all around rifle.
What is your target all up weight? What scope?
Not sure about target weight but it's going to be on a Mcree folder stock to make it more compact. Scope is a Bushnell ERS w/GAP reticle.

Mock ups made.

Attachments

• IMG_20140714_200955326.jpg
    IMG_20140714_200955326.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 245
Here are some pics from my smith. The 338 Patriot (that's what I am calling it) is coming to life.

Notice the OAL is longer than the magazine, because that's a standard length AICS mag and not the extended length.

Also, the stock IS getting painted...don't worry. :)

Attachments

• 338Patriot1.jpg
    338Patriot1.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 248
  • 338Patriot2.jpg
    338Patriot2.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 338Patriot3.jpg
    338Patriot3.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 238
There is something in those pictures I recognize but I can't put mu finger on it.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts