338 300 grain berger VLD???

Longrangefreak, congrats to all on a great shot, well planned hunt , spotter wind call and a great team effort. Also in the picking of the perfect bullet for the job!! Great story of a great long range hunt.

Thanks for sharing it.
Jeff

I have not used the gen 2 OTM bullets myself. My brother in law and his family has taken a spike elk, deer, and a 6pt bull at 605 yards with them out of his 338 Lapua AI.
My gun has taken a spike bull at 300 yards and a cow at 550 with the gen 1's out of a 338edge. I have not gotten a pass through and think the gen 1's are thinner jacketed, performance has been awesome, but in fairness both bullets were found against the off shoulders. I don't know if I have the shoulder to shoot the 300 grainers out of a 338 win mag with no brake? They are very accurate bullets.
Bob

Didn't get a chance to shoot an elk this season but did get pass throughs on a bear at 741 and muley at 580 with the 300 OTM/Hybrid--not quite elk. MV of ~2976fps.

Hmmm....wasn't I hearing in November last year that Berger was going to be doing some ballistic gel testing on these? Did I miss a thread on that? Seems like we would've heard something by now...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.