.338 225 Grain ELDX for Elk

How much proof can anyone produce that all these bullets mentioned do not penetrate deep enough, vaporize, explode, crater, splash, absolutely destroy meat that cannot be simply trimmed or rinsed, etc, etc, etc?

I hear a lot of people talk about it, but then it turns out they've only heard about it. I've also seen a lot of people misunderstand what they're looking at and fail to properly comprehend the results- jumping to the wrong conclusion.

Everyone is entitled to their own options and personal preference, but let's maybe not get carried away with the hearsay. That's not actually helpful.

Rant over.
You do you. But if you honestly believe a 225gr bullet, specifically an eldx, won't kill an elk from muzzle velocity to 1800fps, I don't know what to say.....

I prefer lower starting velocities and eldm's, personally. I will post a report on how the 108eldm does in hopefully a couple of elk this year. I suspect they'll perform just like the 140s. Perfectly.
Agreed!

The TTSX's are a bit hard to find …..but, I don't think that they'll disappoint! Unless you take shots at ranges where you've lost sufficient velocity for adequate/reliable expansion!

You may try something other than RL 22, supposedly it's pretty temperature sensitive ….but, we have a lot of it! You may find something of very similar burn rate that is more temp stable! memtb
Loaded it in Houston at 90F (RL22 that is), hunted at 50F, it was fine. Maybe it is sensitive, maybe not as much, or maybe more extrem temp changes. In any way, I don't usually have that extreme temp changes.

Loaded it in Houston at 90F (RL22 that is), hunted at 50F, it was fine. Maybe it is sensitive, maybe not as much, or maybe more extrem temp changes. In any way, I don't usually have that extreme temp changes.

I do all our loading in hot weather, I try for 90+ F, so we won't have any surprises on a hot day!

I really should chrono, my wife's .338 load on a cool day, and see what it's running!

Good Luck, I hope you can find something that works for you! 👍memtb

Recent Posts