.338 225 Grain ELDX for Elk

Hunterjones

I just bought a couple hundred of these to try in my .338 Win Mag. Velocity SHOULD be 2850-2900 FPS. Has anyone else used these on elk and what results have you seen? My shots can be anywhere from 20 yards to 800 yards. Any feedback would be helpful.

A link to the thread would be most helpful.

;)
I am not super tech savvy. Took me a minute to track it down.

I found the thread as well. Looks like a COUPLE of people mentioned the ELDX but was mostly a "Rah, Rah" about each individual's favorite bullet which is quite ok. Makes for interesting reading. I have both 225 & 250 Accubonds and various weight TTSX's and am quite familiar with them. I am pretty interested to hear of some actual field experience on elk using the 225 ELDX.
I have a friend that shoots the 143 6.5 ELDX at close to 3000 FPS and he's killed everything he's shot with it stone dead. Only a couple of young cow elk with it though….

I am not super tech savvy. Took me a minute to track it down.

Thank you!!

I bought some 230's also, but for the only 33cal I have (338lm). I haven't reloaded or don any development for it yet.

I'm kinda like an "inquiring minds want to know guy". I've always shot my elk with TTSX or NAB's depending upon what gun I was hunting with and which bullet it shot best. I stepped out of the box this year and took a bull and a cow with 7mm Bergers and was actually pretty impressed with the terminal performance. This year I just want to jump up to the .338 and see if it can really be that much more effective than .284's and 30's. You know if you read what a lot of the gun writers say it's simply magical. We shall see…….

Never shot an Elk with one but had to see how my 338 Lapua improved would perform using one on a whitetail. Had it loaded a bit light at around 3200 fps. Got er done. Bullet did well but it passed completely thru the buck and I didn't recover it.

I just bought a couple hundred of these to try in my .338 Win Mag. Velocity SHOULD be 2850-2900 FPS. Has anyone else used these on elk and what results have you seen? My shots can be anywhere from 20 yards to 800 yards. Any feedback would be helpful.

20 to 800!

I wish you much luck on the 20 yard shot! My experience with a different cartridge on a close range shot was not impressive! If these perform my mine did at 30 yards…..I'd be very selective about placement! JMO memtb

20 to 800!

I wish you much luck on the 20 yard shot! My experience with a different cartridge on a close range shot was not impressive! If these perform my mine did at 30 yards…..I'd be very selective about placement! JMO memtb
That is kind of what I figured