338-06 vs 8mm-06 vs 35 Wheelen vs 375 Wheelen vs 9.3x62 POWER!

Better lay in a couple of hundred more, not enough demand to make them even be worth making...no use letting your tongue out in the future..
The nosler line of cartridges isnt going anywhere. Nosler makes the brass bullets and rifles. The 30 and 33 may fade away but nosler will always make runs of the brass occasionally. Brass can be formed from the 28 if nothing else.

Point is though right now 33 nosler is one of the few cartridges with readily avail brass and ammo. 100 pcs will last a lifetime for me anyway.

...seems I've heard that before !!! Back in the late 60's I bought a 6.5 rem mag and the .350 rem mag, then the 8mm rem mag and .300 saum, never walked out of the store with less than 200 pieces for any of the new fangled cartridges... I know lots of people who's tongues are hanging out for base for lots of those so called new ideas..buy as much as you can and eliminate the worry later...

...seems I've heard that before !!! Back in the late 60's I bought a 6.5 rem mag and the .350 rem mag, then the 8mm rem mag and .300 saum, never walked out of the store with less than 200 pieces for any of the new fangled cartridges... I know lots of people who's tongues are hanging out for base for lots of those so called new ideas..buy as much as you can and eliminate the worry later...
same thing with the 405 winchester... I've got a couple molds, dies, and a dozen or so boxes of factory ammo along with a decent amount of casings. I know Jamison has made a run of brass (I bought some) but it seems like this one will be heading for the scrapheap of history again in the next few years.

Back in the 60's I got a surplus SMLE and a 20/rnd box of brass, Using a Lyman Tong tool, a Redding scale and a spoon to meter powder I put over 1,000 rds through that brass, still have 17 pieces left. Later got a nice Browning Safari in 300WM and reloaded for that with the Tong tool for several years. Still have the Browning, prettiest of my rifles, shoots fine too. It's like the toilet paper crisis years ago: everyone buys as much as they can get their hands on so there is a shortage of everything. I still suspect that the USG is having an effect on the production of powder, primers, cases and bullets.

Back in the 60's I got a surplus SMLE and a 20/rnd box of brass, Using a Lyman Tong tool, a Redding scale and a spoon to meter powder I put over 1,000 rds through that brass, still have 17 pieces left. Later got a nice Browning Safari in 300WM and reloaded for that with the Tong tool for several years. Still have the Browning, prettiest of my rifles, shoots fine too. It's like the toilet paper crisis years ago: everyone buys as much as they can get their hands on so there is a shortage of everything. I still suspect that the USG is having an effect on the production of powder, primers, cases and bullets.
I have been hunting with my 338 wm for 20 years now. At the current rate im shooting it 100 peices of brass would last a lifetime, if I get 5-6 uses per brass - my testing shows I get 10. I hunt elk with it every year. Most people buy more components than they will use in a lifetime.

At this point its a bit foolish to think the usg isnt behind lower availability of powder primers and brass.

In regards to OP between 338-06, 35 whelen, and 9.3x62 I believe the whelen loses to both the 9.3 and 338 due to lower sectional density bullets. If big bears are involved i want SD over 300 at over 2400 FPS. The whelen does not meet this standard easily with bullets I would find suitable. Weldcore bullets are too soft IMO. 338 is more well rounded than the 9.3 but less of a stopper. I prefer magnums but the smaller ones can be had with 5 round capacity which could be an advantage in a slimmer package.

Something we should all be aware of:

EPA Shutting Down Last-standing U.S. Primary Lead Smelter

by William F. Jasper November 5, 2013

https://thenewamerican.com/epa-shutting-down-last-standing-u-s-primary-lead-smelter/

Note the date of this article. The terrorist organization, EPA, has waged a war against the lead industry in this country for decades and they shut down our last lead smelting company in 2013. There is still some mining of lead taking place in the US, mostly in Missouri at the Red Dog Mine. But lead is now only reclaimed in the US from used batteries and sold as reclaimed.

Lead mines are mostly found, wait for it, in CHINA where mining and smelting are still allowed. This means two things:

Lead mined here in the US has to be transported to China for smelting then transported back to the US for manufacturing such products as lead wire for bullet cores and lead for cast bullets adding a huge cost to these products. The recycled or reclaimed lead can be used for these manufactured products without additional refining but with the added cost of reclaiming.

Our costs will continue to rise based on what China feels will hold our feet to the fire for their greater profits. The current regime here in the States will apply more taxes on Chinese products and add restrictions as to what can be brought into the US. Feel that noose tightening?

Casting and shooting lead was always considered to be really cheap but take note, this is coming to an end just like many of our rights.

Something we should all be aware of:

EPA Shutting Down Last-standing U.S. Primary Lead Smelter

by William F. Jasper November 5, 2013

https://thenewamerican.com/epa-shutting-down-last-standing-u-s-primary-lead-smelter/

Note the date of this article. The terrorist organization, EPA, has waged a war against the lead industry in this country for decades and they shut down our last lead smelting company in 2013. There is still some mining of lead taking place in the US, mostly in Missouri at the Red Dog Mine. But lead is now only reclaimed in the US from used batteries and sold as reclaimed.

Lead mines are mostly found, wait for it, in CHINA where mining and smelting are still allowed. This means two things:

Lead mined here in the US has to be transported to China for smelting then transported back to the US for manufacturing such products as lead wire for bullet cores and lead for cast bullets adding a huge cost to these products. The recycled or reclaimed lead can be used for these manufactured products without additional refining but with the added cost of reclaiming.

Our costs will continue to rise based on what China feels will hold our feet to the fire for their greater profits. The current regime here in the States will apply more taxes on Chinese products and add restrictions as to what can be brought into the US. Feel that noose tightening?

Casting and shooting lead was always considered to be really cheap but take note, this is coming to an end just like many of our rights.
This comes as no shock or surprise, it's been coming for a while now. With increased hostility between China aka the CCP, "not" the Chinese people we may have to reopen or find some other source for lead, we use a lot of it, not just in bullet cores. Nevertheless lead will probably never be cheap again. Just my 0.2 Cheers.

Mining by small company's is pretty much nonexistent due to hazardous chemicals used in the past that are no longer allowed. Lead was always cheap to mine, but if you don't have any mining industry at all then the price will go up. ### ????? But I digress, the .338-06 & 338-300WM check the sexy box even if they can pretty much be duplicated by 30 Cal.