.338-06 ammo

Bolt your press to a 2x6, and then clamp that to your table. You won't need much leverage for 338-06. 30-06 brass is probably the easiest brass to source in North America, so that's easy enough. Then you just need powder, primers and bullets. Lube for the brass. Should be pretty easy to set up, and set up as suggested won't take up any permanent space. - dan

I would say your best bet is to find a buddy that can load for you. I have always loaded my own 338-06 from 30-06 brass, just a simple pass through the FL die is all that's required.
Otherwise you could load your own seeing as you have the gear. Just clamp the press to the kitchen table.

Cheers.

Get a loading press stand from Todd at the Woodchuck Den. You bolt the press to the stand, and the stand can be set on any sturdy table. It will remain portable, so you can just put it away when you're done. I've been using one for years, so that I have the whole loading bench available for other stuff when I'm not using the press. It doesn't even need to be clamped down, but C-clamps would certainly work if you want to do that.

I have a rem.700 made to 338=06. it was factory loaded by Weatherby.Nosler,& ASquare. so I bought brass(100rds.) also but never learned to reload. now I can't find a load by any maker.is anyone load them anymore? thanks, Dskiper
Learn to reload, it's easy for one cartridge, start low and stay basic, with a little help now and then from the guys here and the manual you can catch on in no time, the .338-06 is a snap to load for a very forging cartridge, plus it's a great cartridge combo as is the other on 06 cases like 35 Whelen and the 8mm-06 just to name two. Start by looking into Lee Reloading equipment a good place to start for a beginner, remember just the basics only what you really need to reload it's much better on the wallet that way. Good luck...Cheers.

I would say your best bet is to find a buddy that can load for you. I have always loaded my own 338-06 from 30-06 brass, just a simple pass through the FL die is all that's required.
Otherwise you could load your own seeing as you have the gear. Just clamp the press to the kitchen table.

Cheers.
I use new Winchester 270 brass never a problem. Load 200 gr. Hornady and BLC-2 power, kicks little more than my 30-30s. Mauser action, Ramline stock which fits me perfect, think that's why so little kick. love that rifle. If I could only have a few rifle at this point in my life it would be a 22lr, 22hornet, and my 338-06.

Learn to reload, it's easy for one cartridge, start low and stay basic, with a little help now and then from the guys here and the manual you can catch on in no time, the .338-06 is a snap to load for a very forging cartridge, plus it's a great cartridge combo as is the other on 06 cases like 35 Whelen and the 8mm-06 just to name two. Start by looking into Lee Reloading equipment a good place to start for a beginner, remember just the basics only what you really need to reload it's much better on the wallet that way. Good luck...Cheers.
I started too switch to Lee equipment years ago and now that's about all I have and use. Never had any problems some claim to have had other than beam scale, just too sensitive for me.

Definitely follow and listen to Baldhunter, the man is super helpful. I love my 338-06, hands down a sleeper cartridge. Nosler still sells ammo, just need to hunt for it.

I started too switch to Lee equipment years ago and now that's about all I have and use. Never had any problems some claim to have had other than beam scale, just too sensitive for me.
I don't use much of Lee's stuff, but!... their Factory Crimp and upper end Die's are quite good.

I used to use a lot of RCBS dies.I now have switched to mostly Lee dies.I like their simple setup and my accuracy has not suffered.I have one set of Redding dies.The are also easy to setup and seem to be higher quality than RCBS or Lee.As for the quality of ammo they produce,all of them will produce quality ammo if you have quality components.