33 Nosler with 22" barrel and lightweight TTSX

It's amazing how catching the suppressor bug changes perspective on rifles. The truth is, I am satisfied with the performance of the 338 Win Mag but I'd need to rebarrel it to use a suppressor. So if I need to do that, in my mind, I may as well move to a modernized version of it.
It really is. Once you're suppressed, you wonder why anyone would shoot another way or why a rifle would even be made without a supressor in mind.

I've been thinking about getting something integrally suppressed.

Graybush,

Any update on your project?

I just dove in to a similar one. So far, I have on order:
22" CarbonSix bull contour barrel twisted 1:10 (heaviest I'll shoot is 265 and formulas say 1:10 is good)
AB Raptor 10-stack Suppressor
Mesa Precision Altitude stock
Red Snake nEXT bottom metal
AICS magazine with 3.6" internal room

The supply of magnum T3x's has dried up for the year. I do have a T3x that was a 7RM and rebored by JES into a 338 WM that I am not wild about. The stock barrel is a bit whippy and I can't thead it for a suppressor. I can't decide if I should cannibalize this for the action or sell it to help fund the 33 Nosler. I am leaning towards selling it as it's a rare but very practical hunting rifle here in AK.

It's amazing how catching the suppressor bug changes perspective on rifles. The truth is, I am satisfied with the performance of the 338 Win Mag but I'd need to rebarrel it to use a suppressor. So if I need to do that, in my mind, I may as well move to a modernized version of it.

Anyways, I do have a question for anyone experienced with the 33 Nosler . . . If I am looking to shoot 225 to 265 grain bullets (265 LRX being the longest at 1.72"), is it worth having it longer throated? The magazine has enormous room for the long ogive and pointy tips, but I am not sure if the bearing surface of those bullets will actually need it.
No update yet, sorry for the delay in responding. I ended up moving and got sidetracked. But its my next build. I bought 200 PC's of Nosler(made by Peterson) brass on sale back when I posted this from MidwayUSA, like 53 bucks a box, hell of a deal. As soon as this season is over I get to it and post a pic or 2. Good luck with yours as well.

I don't shoot the Nosler, but I shoot a somewhat short (21 in) barreled 338 Win with both the 160 and 185 barnes, this rifle is one of only 2 rifles I've owned that point of impact does not change with different bullets weights, I use the 225 gr on elk, the 160 and 185 have accounted for perhaps 5 dozen plus animals, deer, hogs, and several black bear, with the Win ran case I ran out of capacity before I reached max velocity with both 4350 and 4831, with velocity being under 3100 with both bullets, I settled on H414 with the 185 running right 3200fps, and the 160 right at 3300 with H380, I'm tempted to just run the 185 gr for everything, my 338 weighs just 2ozs over 6 pounds loaded and topped with 2.5X8 leupold, recoil with the 160 is almost pleasant when compared to the 225 gr, im sure the 160 would work just fine on elk but I'd hate to find out I'm wrong the hard way, with that said i really cant find fault with the 160 i just feal a little with the 185, while deer hunting I encountered a very black bear at 40 yards, the was quartering toward me, I hit that bear just forward of the front shoulder that bullet exited in the rear ham, this bear was 8 feet 3 inches nose to tail, I don't know what it weighed but that 160 gr bullet was more than enough for that bear,

Grafs has 33 Nosler Peterson brass if you didn't want to go the ADG route mentioned above. I am also building a 33 Nosler so I will be interested in how your build progresses.

Hey Brownells has Redding elite bushing die set for the 33 nosler on sale for 209$ plus 15% your order. I ordered the .363, .364, .365 bushings. I got everything, just need the barrel. I'll post some stuff by deer season.