33 nosler speeds

I've considered the 33-28 as well. I have a benchmark carbon 26" sitting here for it. It will be braked. The whole build will be a xlr 4.0 mag w/ carbon butt stock, kelbly nanook, benchmark carbon 26", terminator t3, mark5hd etc. my plan is to finish around 9-9.5 lbs and it will be a a mtn elk rifle. Reason to keep with the 250's is since it will be what I consider to be on the lighter side for long range I want it to be shootable and spot impacts. Especially for people like my small framed wife or on occasion when others use it who may shoot less and not have optimal recoil management.
With a brake and that scope, you will probably be under 9 lbs. I have the same chassis, and with the 5 oz folding attachment, 25 oz Bat Vampire action, 2.8 lb 20" Bartlien carbon 30 cal, 11 oz magpul bipod, 28 oz NF NX8 2.5-20 in NF rings, and a Silencerco ASR muzzle brake, I am at 9.7 lbs. My build is the same thing, but a 30 nosler with a silencerco supressor. With the supressor, brake and mag all up will be 10.5-ish lbs, but I will likely take the bipod off when I'm packing on my back vs on a horse, and maybe run it with just the brake and without the folder if weight is a real concern, so can go as light as about 8.8 lbs, pretty sweet to have that versatility.

I think the nanook is a touch lighter, the Bartliens are a little heavy and your bore is .338, so your barrel will probably be close to the same. I would guess you will be in the mid 8 lb range depending on rings and any other additions.

I think for simplicity in your case I would do the 33 nosler, especially with the scarcity of components for forming and such. Just another thing to look into, the 250 Badlands Super Bull dozer gives pretty amazing ballistics in that weight range, I was using it in a .338 Norma with a .417 G7, and it will be alright in a 10 twist or tighter.

With a brake and that scope, you will probably be under 9 lbs. I have the same chassis, and with the 5 oz folding attachment, 25 oz Bat Vampire action, 2.8 lb 20" Bartlien carbon 30 cal, 11 oz magpul bipod, 28 oz NF NX8 2.5-20 in NF rings, and a Silencerco ASR muzzle brake, I am at 9.7 lbs. My build is the same thing, but a 30 nosler with a silencerco supressor. With the supressor, brake and mag all up will be 10.5-ish lbs, but I will likely take the bipod off when I'm packing on my back vs on a horse, and maybe run it with just the brake and without the folder if weight is a real concern, so can go as light as about 8.8 lbs, pretty sweet to have that versatility.

I think the nanook is a touch lighter, the Bartliens are a little heavy and your bore is .338, so your barrel will probably be close to the same. I would guess you will be in the mid 8 lb range depending on rings and any other additions.

I think for simplicity in your case I would do the 33 nosler, especially with the scarcity of components for forming and such. Just another thing to look into, the 250 Badlands Super Bull dozer gives pretty amazing ballistics in that weight range, I was using it in a .338 Norma with a .417 G7, and it will be alright in a 10 twist or tighter.
Sounds like you have a sweet setup! This build wasn't really planned but just kinda happened haha. Already have too many customs and was building 2 others this year as well. Have a kid on the way and this is my last hoorah for awhile lol. Here on out for a bit it will either be rebarrels or sell to build new ones. I know, 1st world problems… But I was ordering a nanook (pre order) for a buddy I'm helping and the price was too tempting. Then Black Friday got me last year with the barrel and chassis as they were too good of a deal to pass on. I wasn't sure what to do but seemed like a mild 338 would be fun to play with. I'm not too worried about components but is awful nice I can grab all the stuff for the 33 nos right now in stock. The benchmark carbons are pretty heavy too. Maybe worse then the bartleins. But I don't necessarily think that's a horrible thing. Just more steel. If it's was a sheep rifle I may think otherwise. I've looked at the badlands and others alike. I have been wanting to play with some solids.

Appreciate the info and input. I'm always open to ideas.

MDB what powders and what range in grains are you using in the 250bullet? I am wanting to use 250 Berger, 250 badlands and 230 Hammer, what in your experience would you recommend sir!

All of this information is good I'm hav a 33 build with 24" Bartlein steel barrel and I have been looking for some data for mine shooting 250 Bergen's and maybe V V n565 powder had anybody used the n565 on a 30 or 33 nosler? I wood like some input on this if you have thanks TT.

All of this information is good I'm hav a 33 build with 24" Bartlein steel barrel and I have been looking for some data for mine shooting 250 Bergen's and maybe V V n565 powder had anybody used the n565 on a 30 or 33 nosler? I wood like some input on this if you have thanks TT.
I am shooting 250 bergers over a healthy charge of n565. Out of my kreiger at 26.5 inches and a cbto of 2.740 85 grains of n565 yeilds 2930 fps average and sd of 9.
That is with no pressure signs I can get 3000 an some change at 86.2 with slightly flattened primers. Also look at accurate magpro as it yielded same velocities and good sd numbers n565 was just more accurate for me and I was alittle worried about the temp stability of magpro due to lack of a node at upper end.

Thanks WW for the information it will help me out a lot I'm looking forward to loading this ammo ,I have used my 30 nosler for years now and I like the way it shoots one shot one kill with it ,so I no the 33 will be a great hunting rifle ,what part of bama you from i,m from Pell city .

Thanks WW for the information it will help me out a lot I'm looking forward to loading this ammo ,I have used my 30 nosler for years now and I like the way it shoots one shot one kill with it ,so I no the 33 will be a great hunting rifle ,what part of bama you from i,m from Pell city .
Alabaster AL, there at the cahaba River Management area.

RL 26 will make them scoot. I was able to reach 3100 with 250 Bergers in a 24" barrel in my 33 SM.
2800 with a 300 grain

I've considered the 33-28 as well. I have a benchmark carbon 26" sitting here for it. It will be braked. The whole build will be a xlr 4.0 mag w/ carbon butt stock, kelbly nanook, benchmark carbon 26", terminator t3, mark5hd etc. my plan is to finish around 9-9.5 lbs and it will be a a mtn elk rifle. Reason to keep with the 250's is since it will be what I consider to be on the lighter side for long range I want it to be shootable and spot impacts. Especially for people like my small framed wife or on occasion when others use it who may shoot less and not have optimal recoil management.

This was my thoughts if you're a handloader with a little experience.

I haven't heard much about the 33-28 nosler but the 30-28 nosler is a popular option. I'm building one now to run the 245s. Seems to reason the 33 would work as well. Step it up with a mandrel die then use 28 nosler bushing dies and a seater.