33 nosler speeds

N560 will give near the same result
Well I had a half a pound of 560 left over and run it through to see what I get. I dont know if I have a slow lot of powder but I topped out 18 fps average under n565 and accuracy was about the same. Sense i have an 8 lb tub of 565 Ill just shoot it I think.

In the next few years I am hoping to pursue a Brown bear in Alaska, I have a 33 Nosler rifle and have been looking at loading either a 275 Swift a-frame or 300 grain accubonds. Since an outfitter would not be keen on a client shooting probably farther than 300 yards and more likely a lot closer why not use a large for caliber bullet for greater penetration And damage. The fastest loads for the 275 Swift are 2500-2633 fps and the 300 Accubonds are 2500-2606 fps so these are very comparable to a 375h&h In similar bullet weights. I have StaballHD, Retumbo, IMR4831, RL22, RL25, H4350, IMR 7828 to work with. Does anyone have any experiance with these two bullets in a 33 Nosler? A lot of people believe the swift bullet is good Brownie medicine, opinions, ideas or experience ?

In the next few years I am hoping to pursue a Brown bear in Alaska, I have a 33 Nosler rifle and have been looking at loading either a 275 Swift a-frame or 300 grain accubonds. Since an outfitter would not be keen on a client shooting probably farther than 300 yards and more likely a lot closer why not use a large for caliber bullet for greater penetration And damage. The fastest loads for the 275 Swift are 2500-2633 fps and the 300 Accubonds are 2500-2606 fps so these are very comparable to a 375h&h In similar bullet weights. I have StaballHD, Retumbo, IMR4831, RL22, RL25, H4350, IMR 7828 to work with. Does anyone have any experiance with these two bullets in a 33 Nosler? A lot of people believe the swift bullet is good Brownie medicine, opinions, ideas or experience ?

Any thoughts to a hammer? You could drop the weight just a bit increasing speed and possibly a little more range.

I do not own a 338 in anything, but I am wondering why more people are not using RL33 for powder choice? I thought this was the powder built for the 338 Lapua, I have used it in my 28 Nosler and can say it was the most accurate powder used in my 28. Just curious if there is a reason why nobody is using this slower powder instead of using H1k, that I do see a lot of people mentioning.

I do not own a 338 in anything, but I am wondering why more people are not using RL33 for powder choice? I thought this was the powder built for the 338 Lapua, I have used it in my 28 Nosler and can say it was the most accurate powder used in my 28. Just curious if there is a reason why nobody is using this slower powder instead of using H1k, that I do see a lot of people mentioning.
I wonder if rl33 would be too slow for the 33 nosler. In my 30 nosler, I am pretty close to full capacity using Retumbo with 215's. The larger 33 bore would make it more so. It is optimal in a 28 nosler, due to more capacity and a smaller bore. I haven't tried rl33 in my 30 nos, but in the 33 bore I think .338 rum/Norma capacities may be near the minimum for rl33, it could very possibly make for compressed loads, or not full pressure in a 33 nos. I don't know for sure though.

H1k is much more temp stable than rl33. My buddy ran rl33 in his 28nos with excellent velocity and accuracy. 195s at 3050 in a 26". But when summer came around he changed to retumbo at 2980 for better temp stability. Where we are it may be 75* in the morning then 105* by mid afternoon. We shot a his steel course for 2 days in the summer and it was obvious the temp swings were affecting his rl33 load, also confirmed it with the lab radar.
Rl33 can also be hard to find. I keep some around but rarely ever use it since I can use n570 with equal velocities in magnums and it's very temp stable.
Also I think Cody is right, rl33 is to slow for a .338 case that size with 250gr bullets. H1k or retumbo will work well and get good velocitys. It would seem rl33 is best suited for larger cases using the heaviest for caliber bullets.

Yeah, I know about the temps, I live in TX as well. I do understand what you are saying, just wondered if anyone has used it with any success. My 28 had the same velocity with the 195's, the accuracy was great. I don't use my 28 for plinking, just use it during hunting season.