33 Nosler load

Following, just started barrel break in with bullets I had laying around. Waiting semi patiently for July shipment of Nosler accubond lr 265's.
Christensen arms classic, Bushnell forge 4.5-27
IMG_20190323_202247526_HDR.jpg

Let us know how your load development goes.. Coal powder primer etc..
Will do, I am waiting on my annealing made perfect pilot then I have 5-6 different powders available and few different primers, just gotta wait for those 265's accubond Lr's going to focus mainly on those, I like the advertised expansion down to 1,300 fps gets a little more distance. I might get a box of the 300 accubond Lr's to try also but thinking they will slow me down to much.

9C979C93-0968-4E2C-AFA4-2A15ECCD462F.jpeg
I'm getting very close to loading some test rounds for my 33 Nosler handgun. I'm not sure what to expect regarding velocity and haven't decided which projectiles to use though I am leaning toward the Berger 250-300 hybrids. 16" barrel will definitely limit velocity but I'm hoping to do a little better next year at TWLSC than I did this year with the 28 Nosler handgun. I had a 2000yd impact this year in the match with 180 Berger's in the 28 Nosler and would like to have impacts on out to the 2680 plate next year.

View attachment 144600 I'm getting very close to loading some test rounds for my 33 Nosler handgun. I'm not sure what to expect regarding velocity and haven't decided which projectiles to use though I am leaning toward the Berger 250-300 hybrids. 16" barrel will definitely limit velocity but I'm hoping to do a little better next year at TWLSC than I did this year with the 28 Nosler handgun. I had a 2000yd impact this year in the match with 180 Berger's in the 28 Nosler and would like to have impacts on out to the 2680 plate next year.
that's is a very nice looking pistol, what glass you topping it off with?

Load development update, only shot my break in load but a sierra 250 gr. Gameking with a powder I just wanted to use up and the lowest charge, made one hole five shot groups and was within 1 fps of what book called for and single digits Sd. Can't wait to actually get some bullets and work up a load

Load development update, only shot my break in load but a sierra 250 gr. Gameking with a powder I just wanted to use up and the lowest charge, made one hole five shot groups and was within 1 fps of what book called for and single digits Sd. Can't wait to actually get some bullets and work up a load
What powder?

I know this is bringing up an old thread, but any updates from the guys with 33s? I have a Sendero in 300 RUM that needs a new barrel and im looking at a Bartlein Carbon in 33 nosler or 338 RUM. Anyone have any velocity numbers between the 2?

with a 230eldx my 29" barreled edge produced 3180', my 26" 33N does 2855. Speeds were a bit closer with the 285-300gr bullets, roughly 200fps apart.

My HCA built 33N turns 250 Elite Hunters at 2910 with H1000. My COAL is 3.567", 26" 9.4 twist 3 groove. Ran it up higher but accuracy diminished.

Recent Posts