.325 wsm

Taos

Anybody out there have any experience with the .325 WSM at long range or any hunting done with this rd. Seems like it is kind of an orphan child in the WSM line. With good bullets it should be a decent hunting rd. Not sure what its long range capabilities would be. Am going back into the L.R buisiness `this year and have been knocking this around in my head.

I have a browning ss abolt, 4-14 leo. Nice packer at 7-6 oz. Ihave taken elk to just under 600. This is more of a med range rig for me. I am working on it now for further yardage, shooting 200NAB.

I have a stainless savage 116 with a sightron siii 6-24x50. I have not shot it past about 250. At 100 it put together a .3 ctc group with handloaded 180 tsx's. So far that seems to be this rifles fav bullet. As far as game, whitetails get beat up pretty bad. I love the round and love the rifle but with the limited bullets I don't know how far out she'll go with steam left in the tank and maintained accuracy.

Also have a stainless A-Bolt with a Burris 2-7X. Makes 4" groups at 400 yards with 175 Sierra's and RL17. Great caribou and sheep load.

180TSX's shoot to the same POI and handle bigger game. 220 Sierra's also shoot well and would make a better long range load but I agree that in this light weight rig it's my 400 yard or a bit longer medium range choice. 220's up the recoil a bit in the light weight rifle....not unusable but noticeable from prone.

The NAB's won't shoot good groups in my gun.

Have a Savage 338 Lapua or heavyweight custom 358 Norma for longer ranges.

Depending on how long of a stick you plan on using you should be able to shoot 200's around 2950-3050 if not better. On the low end that would make it a 850 yard elk gun in my eyes.

How does the .325 compare with the 8 rem mag?
Not, This is out of bookh4831 , 67 C, 2638,8MM H1000 88. C 2817. THE 8MM IS A VERY LARGE CASE, LONGER than 340 wby.Great elk rifle w/ heavier bullets, several of my friend shoot it, not as good of bullet selection as my 340 WM

Not, This is out of bookh4831 , 67 C, 2638,8MM H1000 88. C 2817. THE 8MM IS A VERY LARGE CASE, LONGER than 340 wby.Great elk rifle w/ heavier bullets, several of my friend shoot it, not as good of bullet selection as my 340 WM

Actually think 308 vs 30-06. The 325 WSM is more efficient but with less raw horsepower. It's a pretty great balanced load though!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.