3220 yards

Congrats on pushing the limits. How was it spotting bullet splash at that distance?
I shoot in some plowed fields in central tx and west tx. Pretty easy to spot for me at 2000 yds on level ground, but being about 15 to 20 in the air would be nice.

MMERSS what twist barrel do you have? If you don't have a stability factor over 1.8 and under 2.0 you may not have much luck keeping the bullet stable at that distance

No I did not recover a projectile and I looked for 30 minutes nearly. I have found plenty at my 2000 yard area and they look like they could dang near be reloading and fired again! Just the meplats are opened slightly and rifling grooves.

Seeing the splash was easy. They had plowed about 2 weeks prior in the field I was in and the adjacent field behind the plate was in an off rotation and had tall Johnson grass

MMERSS what twist barrel do you have? If you don't have a stability factor over 1.8 and under 2.0 you may not have much luck keeping the bullet stable at that distance

I have two 338LMs, One with a 9 and one a 10 twist. This doesn't seem to make any difference. Both push 300 OTMs around 2800.

Hmmm that is interesting. I have shot in altitude and at sea level past 2500 yards with my current gain twist and my short 22" Schneider barrel and both shot great from 2740 to 2820 fps

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts