31.5” draw length bow?

I'm really new to the bow world, so bear with me...
What is considered long for axle to axle?
Top five manufacturers? 1)Mathews, 2)Hoyt 3)?.....
PSE, Bowtech, Bear, should others be considered?
Is actual matched draw length (bow and me) a necessity, or are there other good ways to "make do" ie extended release / or/ and?...

I like Mathews and Hoyt. If I were you, I would go to a good pro shop and let them 'fit' you with a bow that YOU like. Also, don't compromise with fit to save a few extra bucks on a bow since you will regret it later. Just my opinion based on years of experience and money wasted.

Mr. Richard advise is real sound. Going to a good pro shop and getting a good idea of what fits you would be very valuable information. And don't compromise on fit you will be sorry later. Some times you can find a good used bow if you are trying to save some coin. But have an idea of what would be needed to change draw length, cost etc. Might even have to put new cable on it. But when you find something that fits and feels good stay after it or you will just be in the market for a new bow next year. Don't ask me how I know or better yet please don't ask my wife

This was my thinking as well. I get tempted by finding the best deals, but also know that if it don't work, I'm just throwing money out the door. I'll swing by the local pro shop and try out a few. Thanks fellas.

Bowtech makes several bows that will adjust out to 32". I am a bow hunting addict, and have yet to find a bow to replace my 2010 Bowtech destroyer 340. I have a 31" draw and feel your pain in finding bows. This is why I dont buy Mathews bows anymore. They are designed for the average shooter. They have draw lengths that will go to 31+ but they are designed for shorter draw lengths. Shoot BT and Mathews side by side to feel what I mean. i'll probably get flogged by the Mathews ( creedmore) guys for this post, but most of those guys don't have a 81" wingspan either.

For what its worth their are many high quality used bows in the 400-600 range. The classifieds on Archerytalk.com are a great resource. Also note that it is easier to shoot a bow that is slightly shorter in draw length. I would offer to help you with form ( for defining draw length acceptability) if you need help.

Yup, go to a pro store with a shooting lane. Outside as well is better yet. If they won't take the time to fit it and throw a temp sight on it , walk the other way.

I too bought a a admiral bow tech that was used while i had two good bows on the wall. That bow tech was so quite and felt so good and the shop took their time with me, I walked out with it. Has four animals on it including two speed goats which were walk and stalk. A good bow and fit is liking to finding a good wife. Take your time.

I have always been a Mathews guy and shoot a triax but the other day I shot my buddies bow tech realm and it was probably the sweetest shooting bow I have ever shot. Draw length only goes to 31 but I like my hunting bow to be 1/2" short due to extra clothing if hunting in cold weather.
But Like others have said; shoot as many as u can get your hands on and You will find the one that feels best to you.

We can all tell you what bows we like, but shooting them is the test. As said above, there are plenty of excellent bow manufacturers. You may find the $600 bow shoots better for you than the $1000 top of the line bow. I had a friend shoot a Bowtech package bow much better than the much more expensive models. You may find the same. The good news is that you're choosing between degrees of very good to excellent.

Bowtech makes several bows that will adjust out to 32". I am a bow hunting addict, and have yet to find a bow to replace my 2010 Bowtech destroyer 340. I have a 31" draw and feel your pain in finding bows. This is why I dont buy Mathews bows anymore. They are designed for the average shooter. They have draw lengths that will go to 31+ but they are designed for shorter draw lengths. Shoot BT and Mathews side by side to feel what I mean. i'll probably get flogged by the Mathews ( creedmore) guys for this post, but most of those guys don't have a 81" wingspan either.
Who woh woh ! Dont stick me in with the mathscrews soloscam guys just because I like the creedmoor ! That's just wrong !:D

I put down my bowtech assassin for the carbon icon just last season. Always been a bowtech fan and Hoyt fan.

However I'm over here with my 28 inch draw not having long arm people problems

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.