30mm NF/Seekins Rings – How Low Can I Go...?

Full Curl

I know this question gets asked all the time but it's so much easier to get it right the first time and not play the trial and error game.

I would like to know what height rings for a 30mm tube would work for the following rig, I want to go as low as I can while not crowding the barrel with the bell:

Rem 700 SA
Bartlein #3 barrel
Seekins 20MOA 1-Piece Rail
Leupold VX-6HD 3-18X50

I have 1.0" NF UL's on a similar setup and have plenty of room. I'd like to go lower if I can, but not too low. Thank you for any help.

CHOICES:
30mm NF Ultralites:

0.885"
1.0"

30mm Seekins PMR:
0.82"
0.87"
0.92"
0.97"

I use the .87 with a 50mm objective in a 20 MOA rail and a full diameter carbon barrel. It's close, but still good clearance.

.870 may be tight
.885 may be close
.920 should be good fit.

You could stack pennies on your rail & add 1/2 the tube dia. to get an idea of ring height for your rig.
Should get ya close +or- a penny. 😂

Barrel diameter , rail height and your personal preference as to how much day light you like under scope bell I used the NF .885 on my 338 Edge Canyon Rifle " bull barrel " and I loved it but I like to keep them kinda tight

I know this question gets asked all the time but it's so much easier to get it right the first time and not play the trial and error game.

I would like to know what height rings for a 30mm tube would work for the following rig, I want to go as low as I can while not crowding the barrel with the bell:

Rem 700 SA
Bartlein #3 barrel
Seekins 20MOA 1-Piece Rail
Leupold VX-6HD 3-18X50

I have 1.0" NF UL's on a similar setup and have plenty of room. I'd like to go lower if I can, but not too low. Thank you for any help.

CHOICES:
30mm NF Ultralites:

0.885"
1.0"

30mm Seekins PMR:
0.82"
0.87"
0.92"
0.97"
I have a 5-25 ATACR with Seekins .92 lows on a M24 contour with plenty of room. Running lows on an NXS and they work on that 30mm tube great.

For that set-up we'd recommend .885" in our lineup, around there should be good. Always good to measure too. Also sometimes as low as possible isn't the best option for folks depending on their build and the stock they're running.

Thanks for the replies. I test fitted 0.87" and 0.92" and will be going with the 0.87" on the 44mm obj scope. It doesn't have much room for clearance so anything less would not work. I have a 50mm obj scope on order and I'm hoping the 0.92" rings will fit it well but we'll see. I do prefer a tighter fit and cheek weld. I also have a 1.00" set of the NF UL's that I can try if the 0.92" do not work.