30cal muzzle brake for 7mm barrel?

I personally hate muzzlebrakes. Don't care for the blast that surroundes you when you shoot. Feels like it's sucking my eyes out. I just don't shoot stuff so big that I need a brake. Most rifles up to 300wsm really don't need a brake for me. It's a fact that brakes that discharge to the rear help recoil more but dang they suck to shoot. So when guys say their mighty mag feels like a 243 with their brake I just say my 243 feels just like a 243.
Shep

I personally hate muzzlebrakes. Don't care for the blast that surroundes you when you shoot. Feels like it's sucking my eyes out. I just don't shoot stuff so big that I need a brake. Most rifles up to 300wsm really don't need a brake for me. It's a fact that brakes that discharge to the rear help recoil more but dang they suck to shoot. So when guys say their mighty mag feels like a 243 with their brake I just say my 243 feels just like a 243.
Shep
Lol but how does your 243 do on a moose at 500+ yards?

They kill moose in Alaska with 223s so I guess it would do the job with the right bullet hit in the right place. I would think a Barnes in the lungs would kill one no problem. But I would use my 6.5 saum if I was going after moose. I only said 243 because that's what eveybody says their brakes magnums feel like. I do own more 6s than any other size. But I don't hunt big game with them.
Shep

Shep
One reason I like the brakes from LR Customs. The first port is 90°, and the others are angled. The first port directs the blast away from the shooter.

I just don't like the concussion of brakes. I don't even like the Gentry brake that all the gas goes forward. I put alot of brakes on for guys but they don't go on mine. I would probably shoot better with a brake but just don't like how it feels. Most guys just notice how much less their rifles kick and are happy as a clam.
Shep

I'm looking to get a muzzle brake for a 28nosler to replace a factor radial brake. I've noticed many of the top rated ones, such as the little bastard, are not available in 7mm. Only 6.5 and 30 cal. Would 30 cal work? If not, what options are out there for for self timing brakes 5-24 in 7mm? Thanks!
Try
I'm looking to get a muzzle brake for a 28nosler to replace a factor radial brake. I've noticed many of the top rated ones, such as the little bastard, are not available in 7mm. Only 6.5 and 30 cal. Would 30 cal work? If not, what options are out there for for self timing brakes 5-24 in 7mm? Thanks!
Try Darrel Holland gunsmithing out here in Oregon ! he makes quality muzzlebrakes available for all your calibers

The brake i had on my 25/284 was a 30 cal. Worked fine. I'm very fond of Vais muzzle brakes, but i don't shoot prone. Concussion and noise all directed away from you, self indexing, simply screw on👍

I don't notice any increased concussion or blast from any of the many brakes I've used. Folks beside me cringe though. I honestly can't recall any undo noise when breaking the shot on an animal. Bench resting paper punchers may have a different experience though. I couldn't say for sure.

I don't notice any increased concussion or blast from any of the many brakes I've used. Folks beside me cringe though. I honestly can't recall any undo noise when breaking the shot on an animal. Bench resting paper punchers may have a different experience though. I couldn't say for sure.

Agreed! This is why a spotter is almost always behind the shooter ...

Spotter and sniper.JPG
Spotter and sniper.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.