30BR vs 30BRA

BRA is generally regarded as "not worth it" depending on what you are trying to do with it. You gain some speed, but for the intent of the 30BR (100-300yds) it doesn't do you a whole lot of good.

Thanks fella's I appreciate the info. He got the BRA chamber in his bbl. He's building it for a tree stand rifle( just to have something different than the rest), hoping to drive a 151 Hammer Absolute 2800, don't know if we'll get there, but we're gonna give it our best shot...... Thanks again

Thanks fella's I appreciate the info. He got the BRA chamber in his bbl. He's building it for a tree stand rifle( just to have something different than the rest), hoping to drive a 151 Hammer Absolute 2800, don't know if we'll get there, but we're gonna give it our best shot...... Thanks again
I replied with the thought you were deciding between the two.

Usually 30brs are a 17 twist barrel. Not sure what that one is or if that bullet will work as I don't have any experience with it. But with 112-118 range I can confirm they will shoot extremely small. Usually freebore on the standard 30br is pretty short or even zero. Let us know how it works out!

Man I'd look at the lightest ballistic tip bullet available in 30 cal, and fill that case plum full of 8208 or cfe223 and see what she does!