308 Win with H380 Load Starting point

I have developed a great load for my 18" barrel Barrett Fieldcraft using 152 grain Hammer Hunter bullets. Lapua brass, Federal 210M primers, and CFE-223 powder. 50.0 gr CFE-223 yields 2,940 fps. COAL is 2.805"

I have loaded sierra 155's, 168's 175's MK's and JLK 180"s all using VV540 (and I'm getting ready to start using VV550) for My M1A , M1's and
AR-10 they are very accurate loads for 200, 300, 600yds and 800, 900, and 1000yds. I'm planning on adding some sierra 165 game kings to the lot for hunting as all of the other bullets are target bullets and the game kings are hunting bullets. But the VV540 and VV550 is some really good Powder and I'm certainly planning on using it for the load.
The thing to remember is every barrel is different even the next one off the assembly line, they all have their prefer'ed bullet, powder, and velocity, so you sometimes have to accept what the load is giving you, or start over with something new.
Good Luck with whatever you choose and remember it doesn't have to be the most highly thought of item to give you the best results. I have a .22 that shoots a 1/4" group at 50yds with WW 40gr hp's , so Good Luck!

Another bit of info i forgot to add when requesting this info, this is not meant to be a long range gun/load. Just a hunting load for elk, helping a friend out. There are obviously many better options for caliber, bullets, and powder but that is the bullets he already has on hand and in his head to use and the H380 is powder i have to spare. i have H1000 as well but not near enough to share, i need more for myself actually. i'm going to reach out to Barnes as recommended and see what they have to say

I'm Having good results with IMR 3031 using Light 115 Grn Berger Bullets . I started using 39.9 and now up to 41.7 grns. with very good three shot groups!!

Update on this. Contacted Barnes and they had no help. Nothing similar in their books either. I did find this in the nosler book though. Based off of this, what starting point would you recommend???

Attachments

• 1867DBCD-6EE9-46DA-B0A1-B6DA4ED957B2.jpeg
    1867DBCD-6EE9-46DA-B0A1-B6DA4ED957B2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,091
Update on this. Contacted Barnes and they had no help. Nothing similar in their books either. I did find this in the nosler book though. Based off of this, what starting point would you recommend???
There is some load data for it in the lee book. I finally got to test some in a newly built AR10 .308. 43.7 gr H380 win large rifle primers R.P. brass 150gr Hornady fmj. Accurate, but a little too hot signs of high pressures, extremely flattened primers. Ejector marks on rim.
I am going back the powder off.
Ethan Sackett.

Have a good friend wanting me to load some 308's for him for an elk hunt later this year, he has the brass, bullets, and dies. I just happened to have some H380 i don't use for anything i thought i could use for him as powder is scarce around here. Brass is Lapua and he has 175gr Barnes LRX BT. Anybody loaded this or similar have a safe starting point? I'm not sure what gun he has but it is a factory rifle so it will be magazine length which i imagine will be limiting.
I am presently using 39.5-40 grs with 175 SMKHPBT s in an AR10 the load came from my 24 in barreled bolt gun. Velocities are2055-2100 respectively cases were FC and primers fed 210 lrg rifle it is slower but has proven accurate Ar =1.1 groups pretty consistent from bolt gun they were 3/8 inch groups. Like using a little powder for consistency and accuracy is acceptable in my AR platform.