308 win load

Elk868

Hello all
merry christmas to all . i m looking for a load 308 win with Sierra 110gr hp Varminter bullet .
can you help me please .
thank you all

IMR 3031 did great work for me. It liked to be near max with 110gr RNSP's meant for .30carb work. insane velocities.

My copy of the Sierra loading manual lists 51.9 grains of Win 748 powder as maximum. My Remington M700 shoots sub 1/2 MOA using 52 grains of 748 with the Sierra 110 grain HP in Winchester brass, WLR primer. Bullet tip to case head measured 2.615". Since my load it 0.1 grain over Sierra's maximum, YOU MUST REDUCE THE POWDER CHARGE BY 7% TO 10% AND WORK UP THE LOAD IN YOUR RIFLE, WATCHING FOR SIGNS OF EXCESS PRESSURE.

I've been reloading metallic cartridges for over 50 years, referring to various editions of the Sierra loading manual among others. I've never had the impression that they were "biased to one specific powder".

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.