308 win hunting bullets

SamuelBerryhill308

Looking to buy some bullets for my 308 win I've found s few different ones from 150 grain to 180 grain.ive always used factory stuff until now this will be my first year using my own hand loads.was wondering what yall have had good luck with? I wanted to use nosler but I haven't found any.about all I can find are seirra,hornady and bergers

150gr sierra for whitetale out to 400 or I have used the Hammer Hunter with great luck. For whitetail hunting I do not have a place that I shoot past 400 so the high BC bullets are not a concern for me. These are all over Varget. I have had good luck with varget from -20 to +60 degree hunting temps. I am getting +8 reloads on Horady brass and more with Lapua.

Looking to buy some bullets for my 308 win I've found s few different ones from 150 grain to 180 grain.ive always used factory stuff until now this will be my first year using my own hand loads.was wondering what yall have had good luck with? I wanted to use nosler but I haven't found any.about all I can find are seirra,hornady and bergers

what are you plan on shooting and distance.
deer size game any decent 150-180 grain bullet will work. Had good luck with Hornady interlock 180,
and 165 gr amax. But they are lots of great bullets

im a big fan of Hornady interlock 180 in the 30-06 for whitetails out to 350 yards.

Check link below. one of the places I go and review is a link to the following. Fella is usually spot on on terminal performance. Check him out.
google Ballastic studies 308 or any other cartridge

Big Nosler fan here and my favorite bullet in 308 for whitetail is the 150gr accubond, with a stiff charge of RL15 and CCI BR-2 primers in lapua brass. My son on the other hand prefer's 165gr partitions with starline brass and same powder/primer.

Big Nosler fan here and my favorite bullet in 308 for whitetail is the 150gr accubond, with a stiff charge of RL15 and CCI BR-2 primers in lapua brass. My son on the other hand prefer's 165gr partitions with starline brass and same powder/primer.
I want to use nosler accubond but I cant find them any were local or online

what are you plan on shooting and distance.
deer size game any decent 150-180 grain bullet will work. Had good luck with Hornady interlock 180,
and 165 gr amax. But they are lots of great bullets

im a big fan of Hornady interlock 180 in the 30-06 for whitetails out to 350 yards.

Check link below. one of the places I go and review is a link to the following. Fella is usually spot on on terminal performance. Check him out.
google Ballastic studies 308 or any other cartridge

I hunt whitetail from 10 yards in thickets to 350 yards or more across fields and clear cuts.i hunt with 308 mostly but do own a 30-06 and a 270win

I want to use nosler accubond but I cant find them any were local or online

In stock.

also see gun broker.

Last edited:
In my 308 I can use the 165 game king interchangeably with the 168matchking. I can load both i the mag and not be able to see a difference out to 600. 168 berger vld's however are what I will run when I have varget(I don't at this time) I can run them 2830-2840 with sub-inch 500yd accuracy. The Serrias can be better accuracy wise but not that fast accurately. I have not shot another game bullet out of this 308. I have used the 175smk 178amax and eldm and the 195tmk with great speed and accuracy also. I have some 195's loaded for a long field sit next week so we shall see

I've had good results with nosler accubonds, ballistic tips, and Hornady SST's. I've killed deer with all three out to 450 or so. I wasn't happy with the SST's the last doe i shot at 500. The bullet didn't open much at all and the deer ran quite a ways before she died. That rifle has since been rebarreled to 6.5 CM.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.