308 win, bullets, 1-10 twist, whitetail, 18 " barrel

etisll40

I want a whitetail bullet that is consistent to load for whitetail out to 350 yards but my twist is 1-10 and I have an 18" barrel? I'm looking at shooting from 0-350 yards. My gun typically shoots factory stuff, sst's at around 1" now. Suggestions please. Goin hunting with it in 2 weeks, I have lap brass ready to load, need to buy powder and bullets. Thanks

I sampled 2 types of factory ammo this past weekend, 150 grain Fed Fusion and 150 grain Hornady superperformance sst's. The fusion shot 1/2" the first 2 shots and the next 3" high and a 1/2 left. I then shot the Hornady and all 3 clustered in a 3/4" tringle but they were an inch lower than the 2 fusions? Both are advertised to leave the muzzle at 2820 and the bullet although different are the same weight? What gives? I MADE no scope adjustment, just shot them consecutive and a target on the same page? 100 yards.

I want a whitetail bullet that is consistent to load for whitetail out to 350 yards but my twist is 1-10 and I have an 18" barrel? I'm looking at shooting from 0-350 yards. My gun typically shoots factory stuff, sst's at around 1" now. Suggestions please. Goin hunting with it in 2 weeks, I have lap brass ready to load, need to buy powder and bullets. Thanks

Hay neighbor, I got a good selection if you want to try them out. 150g tsx, 165, 180 siraccos, 165 sbt, 180, 200g accubonds, 168, 178, 208 amax, 180g sst, might have something else but not using any of it I keep it for friends and such. Someone needs a load etc. Whats the rifle. I would suggest R15 and CCI br2 primers. Let me know its a good week for me to help you out. NY deer?

Ed, you said the bullet to work with in your first comment. If the sst's work, fly with them and try rl15 and 4985 under them. One will be the ticket for sure.

I'm not sayin' the other brands won't fly true, but you already know the pipe likes sst's so unless you just want to play you've already got a direction to go.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts