.308 win brass??

hubee_7j

Im just getting in to reloading and i have alot of brass from different manufacturers (saved brass from factory loads) like hornady winchester federal and remington. Im wondering if i will see a noticeable change on the range using the same load with all the different brass? Also id like to hear oppinions on which brass is better out of the 4 if ther is any difference. Thanks

each make will be different.you can do a h2o test and see what I am talking about.each will hold a different amount,meaning case volume.If your not wanting to load for bench rest shooting just load one make.you can even do a test by loading 5 of each with the same load,primer,and bullet to see if one out performs the other.the main thing to keep in mind is to keep it the same head stamp.one of each will give you different pressures meaning different points of impact.and different pressure signs.
find one that gives the best group with the load you want to shoot and stick with that one.It sounds like you have a good amount of brass.some say win is better or Hornady.I have stuck with the rem myself.but I do own 100pcs of lapua.but with all that brass you have I see no need to buy any soon.and if it all has been fired in the same rifel all you need to do is neck size.
John

Im just getting in to reloading and i have alot of brass from different manufacturers (saved brass from factory loads) like hornady winchester federal and remington. Im wondering if i will see a noticeable change on the range using the same load with all the different brass? Also id like to hear oppinions on which brass is better out of the 4 if ther is any difference. Thanks

Different brands of brass will give you different results.

As to the quality of the different brass .I would rate the fore brands you mentioned in this order
based on "MY" experience with them.

#1 = Hornady, fairly consistant volume, fairly tough.
#2 = Remingtion, about the same as Hornady but a little softer.
#3 = Federal, Tough but inconsistent case to case.
#4 = Winchester, the softest and most inconsistent. (Requires more weight sorting).

I have used all the brands and on hunting ammo where brass life is not a priority it all
works with careful reloading.

So my recommendations would be not to mix the different brands.

J E CUSTOM

As the others have said, keep the different brass separate. I personally use RP when I can, but have used all makes and they work fine with hunting loads. I don't care for nickle brass in any brand.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.