308 Win and 130 Barnes triple x

gei

Is anyone loading the 130 barnes triple x, if so what kind on accuracy are you getting. what are you loading. I shot a deer last week, 150# with 165 ballistic tip and 45 gr varget, the bullet blew up inside the deer, deer was angling slightly away, shot for off shoulder, it was bloodshot but the bullet blew up, I didn't think a 165 at 308 win velocities would do that. someone recommended 130 barnes xxx and I think it might be my answer.
shooting an old sako with 20" barrel, tried 150 partition but they didn't shoot real well.

Switch the 165 BT's for 165 Accubonds and you'll be good to go. Chances are good that the point-of-impact will be the same as the BT's.

I use the 165's @ 2,700 in my .308 and performance on whitetails has been good. Reasonable expansion with total penetration. Most deer aren't big enough to stop an Accubond and expansion is limited by the jacket/core bond.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.