.308 Win 150 grain E-Tip?

davkrat

Finally got some Varget and some of the new E-Tips. Just went with my load from the old E-Tips without the cannelure. I'm going to fiddle with the OAL and powder charge a bit as these were not shooting as well as the old bullet did. What's giving me fits is the short range misses? Don't know how I could shoot 2" low at 180 yards but have perfect elevation at 400 and 585 yards based off the velocity and BC. Can't rule out the loose nut behind the trigger messing up the scope settings. I only had a handful of rounds loaded up and could not tell where I was missing the 180 yard disk. Dialed up for 400 and nailed the target first shot. Was hitting left at 400 and over corrected and missed right when I went to 585. Second shot at 585 was dead center but a couple inches high. I've usually had better luck at further range with the E-Tips. Not sure if they really are settling down?

Been having so much fun with the .22 that I haven't hardly shot centerfire in the last 18 months. Being out of powder and unable to find bullets might have had something to do with it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Z2RJmr0_k&list=UU3sisdRD45qD4hy49O0zpEQ].308 Winchester .22 Long Rifle long range - YouTube[/ame]

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts