308 reloading

Reloadxx

I am wanting to work a deer hunting round for my 308 I'm thinking 150gr or 165gr accubond. Has anyone loaded either one and if so what would you recommend between the 2? I can't make my mind up which one to go with.

there's little terminal performance difference between the 2 weights. pick one and run with it.
I use the 165 sst and 168 vld, but would/have used the accubond without reservation. The accubond is arguably the best well rounded bullet made. deer don't require a bonded bullet and we've been smashing deer with the sst. distance and typical point of aim would determine which way I'd lean on terms of weight.
FWIW... varget is the go to powder for many.

Yep the 168g has been the ticket in all my 1:10 twist 308. Amax and ballistic tips get the job done but I am sure all the other will too.

Thanks

Buck

Thanks for the input you all. My shots will be 300 yards and in I have thought about the ballistic tip I may give them more of a look. I shoot 95gr nosler ballistic tip in my 243 and they are hard on the deer so I'm sure the 308 would be the same

I've seen both used and found no real difference, settled on 150gr AB and very happy on deer. AB's have pretty much the same ballistics as BT's inside 300yd's, they are both very accurate bullets.

Oh by the way I've found RL15 and Varget to both be proven 308 powder's. Good Shooting

I've seen both used and found no real difference, settled on 150gr AB and very happy on deer. AB's have pretty much the same ballistics as BT's inside 300yd's, they are both very accurate bullets.

Oh by the way I've found RL15 and Varget to both be proven 308 powder's. Good Shooting
Varget is awesome but RL15 is my Huckleberry, I'm running the 178 ELDX's

Thanks for the input you all. My shots will be 300 yards and in I have thought about the ballistic tip I may give them more of a look. I shoot 95gr nosler ballistic tip in my 243 and they are hard on the deer so I'm sure the 308 would be the same

If you like the 95grNBT out of your 243, you will really like the 125grNBT out of your 308 about 2950/3000FPS with a case full of Varget. Inside 300yrds it is very accurate and just wrecks whitetails.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts