308 or 30-06 long range?

The 30-06 is a proven performer with all types of bullets.
My last buck was taken with a pristine Remington # 742 riffle chambered in 30 - 06 caliber.
OBTW taken in the semi-thick overgrown Blue Berry bearings of Cherryfield, Maine
My god what a beautiful day that was and it will be forever etched in my mind's eye.
But I digress. The 30 - 06 has a proven track record in a time of war and forever in the time of peace.
It has been with us during 2 World Wars as well as conflicts in Korea, and Vietnam. and is still with us today.
IMHO Although not as popular as it once was, the venerable 30 -06 is still one of the most respected rounds ever created.
You can never go wrong with this round.
Particularly so as you can hand load or buy commercially loaded ammunition in any flavor that you will ever need and for any situation that presents itself.
If it's the bite is bothersome install a 5 /8 " X 24 TPI muzzle brake.
This will help tame your beast.
Yes, it is aq beast, but one that can not be tamed.
I strongly suggest that you re-evaluate the old girl as she still has a lot of life left in her.
Best of luck with your new 30 -06
Ha Ha!

Ya, I know that the .308 caliber can come within 100 FPS with any factory loaded ammunition to the 30 -06 caliber but my personal preference leans toward the 30 06.
With either caliber, you won't go wrong especially now with the Pandemic going on.
Just take your time if you hand load and collect your bullets, brass, powder, and primers in small lots until you can assemble your ammunition.
I know it stinks but you can collect everything that you need and still be able to get some quality trigger time. faster than say if you were shooting a wild cat or custom cartridge.

Best Of Luck!
Well said

Check out brass in stock and price of ammunition and if you can go to a vintage sniper match and watch what a 30-06 will do I have a 338 rum and just about everything in between but when the fecal mater hits the rotary device the 30-06 will rule once again and you can hunt with it just my opinion but I have most of everything for 204 to 338 but love 30-06 because it is easy to feed

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.