308 norma to 30-338 win

goblbustr

OK getting 338 win brass is at this point is impossible. 308 norma however is comparitivly easy to get. Have any of you ever reformed the 308 norma to 30-338 win and if so how did it work for you and what are some of your pointers.

OK getting 338 win brass is at this point is impossible. 308 norma however is comparitivly easy to get. Have any of you ever reformed the 308 norma to 30-338 win and if so how did it work for you and what are some of your pointers.

The 308 Norma mag and the 30/338 winchestwe are allmost identical but you shoulden,t shoot
them in the other chamber without re-sizing and fire forming.

If you are set up for the 30/338 all you have to do is run the 308 Norma brass through your dies
and load, this will assure a proper fit and head space.

It is a great cartrige for 1000 yard plus shooting and the Norma brass is much better than the
Winchester brass so your time will be well spent.

J E CUSTOM

I have done it. Works fine. Isn't as good as the Lapua 338 Win Mag brass but once it disappeared, I tried the Norma. As JE Custom stated, you'll need to run it through a FL 30-338 die in order get them to chamber. The shoulder is a little too far forward to chamber in my 30-338 rifles. Once done, I haven't had any proble with the Norma brass.

Kevin

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.