.308 Norma mag brass

Not trying to start a dumpster fire here! You are aware that you can simply run a 7 Rem mag case through a 308 Norma die and you are good to go. Also, 264win mag, 338 win mag work just fine.

I'm having a 308 Norma Mag being built.I got my dies so I made some brass for it to see what works best.I have a lot of once-fired 7mag brass,so I tried it first.Necking up the 7mag brass was easy.They come up with a little shorter necks because 7mag brass max length is 2.500 inches where 308 Norma brass is max length of 2.620 inches.I have some 338 Win Mag brass,I necked it down.Like the 7mag,it was easy,but brass was short too because the 7mag is really just a necked down 338 Win Mag.Next I ran a 300 Win Mag brass through the die.This was by far the hardest way to make the 308 Norma brass.It reworks the shoulder and neck way more than the other two.300 Win Mag brass also gives you longer case that has to be trimmed back to 308 Norma Mag length.Then you also have the option of buying 308 Norma Mag brass if you can find it.So really you do have options.Short neck lengths don't really affect accuracy as far as I can tell.Chambers that I have seen have a generous amount of room for brass to grow beyond max case length.Here is a picture I took with my bore scope with an empty max length case chambered in one of my rifles.

Attachments

• brass.jpg
    brass.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 138
I have probably 2k in empty brass, but they are 70 miles away. The next time I go to the cabin i will bring home and see what we have, Olease text me at 678-427-6168 so I remember and put 308 Brass Len & Jill
If you have more that you'd be willing to part with than Koope takes I'd love to talk to you about purchasing some from you as well. Just got a rifle today in trade chambered in the same 308 norma and having a hard time finding brass to load out or even factory ammo that's not $5-10 a round. Thank you either way!

If you have more that you'd be willing to part with than Koope takes I'd love to talk to you about purchasing some from you as well. Just got a rifle today in trade chambered in the same 308 norma and having a hard time finding brass to load out or even factory ammo that's not $5-10 a round. Thank you either way!
Sorry if I misunderstood this thread. I have .308 Brass mostly 7.62. I don't have .308 Norma Mag.
We were gone all last week at the range shooting plus my laptop got fried last week. If you need toe .308 Win 7.62 I have that once fired brass.
Len & Jill

Recent Posts