308 norma mag ballistics

shawnb

Hey guys. I was at a local custom shop and they had tons of 308 norma brass. I took a look and it looks like a nice caliber with the long neck and all. And after reading broz's reports on the 215 hybrid im wondering if anyone has or knows what i could expect of this combo with say h1000 and a 28" barrel

I have been looking at the 308 Norma mag ever since a guy at the range had one and was shooting the lights out at 500 yards in a gusty 5 mph cross wind. I think he was shooting 208 A Max. My 7 saum was getting blown around pretty bad at 500.

It seems that Hornaday reload manual is pretty impressed with this old round, giving it 300 Win Mag respect with a little less powder. All this seems a lot like the newer 300 wsm which is where my 270 wsm is headed with a new barrel.

So yeah, with H 4831 or H 1000 you can shoot anything the 300 win mag shoots, just a little bit slower. Now if you can just find the right rifle...
gun)............................................ lightbulb

Hope this helps.

Comparable to the 30-338 wildcat. My father has a 30-338 and it is a tack driver. He and his brothers used it on the Air Force rifle team back in the day. Very impressive and accurate.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.