.308 muzzle velocity, with 20 inch tactical barrel?

I have 20, 22 and 24 and there is a difference in velocity but not substantial per my magnetospeed. I usually take the 20" to the blind or tree stand and 24" to the range, for the reasons you mention and assure you the game doesn't notice a difference. When I want more velocity above hand loads I use either the 150 or 165 superformance 308 factory ammo and it is faster per their advertising. Not as accurate as Gmm match or hand loads but plenty accurate for hunting.
Doctor, the Superformace stuff, is badass. I definitely agree.
I was even considering loading a Barnes 130, to about 2900. That bullet is extremely deadly, and they work real good, really fast.
Thanks. Happy New year.!

Buck, the rifle I am considering, is similar to the one you have. It does have a 10 twist, and from what I'm told very accurate.
I presently hunt this stand, and one across the field, just like it, but with a longish rifle, its difficult, to do a about turn, if need be, with such.
With a shorter, compact rifle, it would be a piece of cake. Just am not sure on the velocity loss, versus the convenience game.
How is the accuracy on your rig? Thanks.
Any other thoughts, anyone?[/

7stw, mine shoots .5 Moa at 100 yrds all day factory gun with handloads and the 10x swfa mil dot scope. I shoot seer with it out to 600 and have great results with the 168 gr amax. I tried some other Bullets but that gun loves the 168 the best. It is my go to for blinds and tree stands with mid range shots. Added this tripod set up for pop up blinds

Thanks

Buck

Attachments

• CD7970B4-FDB6-4C26-AA08-F7BF16DAC3B8.jpeg
    CD7970B4-FDB6-4C26-AA08-F7BF16DAC3B8.jpeg
    902.7 KB · Views: 149
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.